• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[SOLVED] Units with "Kill Resource"/Bounty - Not Working

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Some people have had problems with units giving bounty and after a little research I found that following fields on a unit must be checked if it is to give any Bounty.
1. Obviously, "Kill Resource (0|0|0|0)"
2. Which enables a unit to give "Kill Resource" when killed; "Flags - Kill Credit"
Hope it'll help some of you!

As for my problem...
I tried to find how to toggle bounty on/off for units by triggers, but I could not find a way.
Any ideas as to if this is possible?

Best Regards, Ice_bane @ B.net EU

Last edited by a moderator:

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 63
Ok I edited your post so that people with slightly weak english skills should be able to understand it now. If I altered its desired meaning in any way please feel free to edit and correct it.

There are possible solutions.
You might be able to disable bounty for a unit type using the catalogue natives and altering the bounty field values to 0. This unfortunatly will affect all units of the same type.
Check if behaviours can effect bounty in anyway (especially the buff type behaviour data object). If so just use triggers to add a buff to turn bounty off.
The ultimate and last resort way is to completly ignore data editor bounty and entirly code a trigger system to handle unit bounty. This allows the most customization but should be a last resort as it would be nowhere near as efficent as the engines bounty management system.

Status
Not open for further replies.