1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. The 18th Icon Contest is ON! Choose any ingame unit and give him/her Hero abilities. Good luck to all.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Secrets of Warcraft 3 have revealed interesting works. The RESULTS for Abelhawk's Mini-Mapping Contest #15 have come out!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Contestants are to create a scene set in the Stone Age. Come and see what you can come up with. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Colour outside the lines! Techtree Contest #13 is a go. The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. Night Rider gained several songs for his journey. The poll for the 12th Music Contest has started. Check it out!
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Greetings cerebrates, our Swarm needs new spawners that will have numerous children. Join the HIVE's 31st Modeling Contest - Spawners and Spawned! The contest is optionally paired.
    Dismiss Notice
  9. Join other hivers in a friendly concept-art contest. The contestants have to create a genie coming out of its container. We wish you the best of luck!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

(Solved) Detecting if Trigger Mouse Position is Hovering over UI

Discussion in 'Requests' started by ThisPOT, Aug 11, 2019.

1. ThisPOT

ThisPOT

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    Howdy all,

I am currently in the middle of making a new ARPG system (that includes a movement system, a new melee attack system and a missile system, fow now).

Everything is working perfectly so far except for 1 thing: when the mouse is hovering over the UI (instead of an actual point of the map) it makes my systems work weird (the Trigger Mouse Position always returns the center of playable map area)... What I would like is to be able to detect if the Trigger Mouse Position is actually hovering over the UI or map, so that I can disable my systems when it's over the UI. Right now, if I try to use Region Contains Point [Trigger Mouse Position] it doesn't work (it thinks the UI is part of the map >.<), and I don't see any other alternatives.

I really hope someone can help, thanks guys!

PS: Is it possible to remove the bottom part of the UI entirely, including the mini map?

Last edited: Aug 11, 2019
  2. ThisPOT

ThisPOT

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    So far the work around that I have is that if the X and Y = 0 then it acts as if it is over the UI (which works fine but it means that you can never use the exact center of the map for the system lol)

3. Pyrogasm

Pyrogasm

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    I think ThisPOT’s solution is the only possible one right now.
    Yes.

4. ThisPOT

ThisPOT

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    How pls?

5. Pyrogasm

Pyrogasm

Resources:
    Spells:
    Resources: