• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

(Solved) Detecting if Trigger Mouse Position is Hovering over UI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Howdy all,

I am currently in the middle of making a new ARPG system (that includes a movement system, a new melee attack system and a missile system, fow now).

Everything is working perfectly so far except for 1 thing: when the mouse is hovering over the UI (instead of an actual point of the map) it makes my systems work weird (the Trigger Mouse Position always returns the center of playable map area)... What I would like is to be able to detect if the Trigger Mouse Position is actually hovering over the UI or map, so that I can disable my systems when it's over the UI. Right now, if I try to use Region Contains Point [Trigger Mouse Position] it doesn't work (it thinks the UI is part of the map >.<), and I don't see any other alternatives.

I really hope someone can help, thanks guys!

PS: Is it possible to remove the bottom part of the UI entirely, including the mini map?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.