• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Hero-Only Visible Healthbar

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
So my friend is a League of Legends player and he is my partner in crime in every game then I invited him playing this gem-piece of a game which where it all started. we have fun then I made an anime-esque MOBA map with league-gameplay for us to play and turns out good.

The only problem he sees which I tend to not mind is the health bars, which gets to be more confusing when the area gets really crowded with minions(non-heros). He suggests to me that I should add a permanently visible health bar exclusive to heroes with special UI that doesn't need the mouse to hover on the unit to appear so that he won't be confused by a lot of health bars appearing which masks the heroes seldom especially in clashes(All-out hero fight) which confuses him and can't get track to where and who to target. I told him to git gud/get used to it but I would like this feature in my map if possible. Only if Possible and Hero-only visible health without the mouse hovering on it is good enough~

Rephrase: HERO healthbar is permanently visible without the "Always show Healthbar" while non-hero units still has visible healthbar when hovered over by mouse

Last edited:
Level 3
01.png
00.png
Forgot to Add some Screenshots to show the issue lul~

Level 3
Progress bars has their innate demo trigger with health and mana bars, I'll see if I can't jury-rig it to show only heros.

Otherwise I would wait for a competent JASS user as I'm very dull on the subject ( but I will still try as I do want to get better! )

Honestly I myself have no background to JASS nor even implementing them on maps as of now that's why I'm asking for help but I will try to do so in learning JASS. Hope you reach that goal of yours in getting better, cheers!

Level 3
there are no non-permanent way to do that
Well, thanks for the help. It gave me an idea of all heroes within range near a dying unit gets gold no matter who killed the unit and implement your suggestion since the map I made is really fast paced so that heroes can truly focus more on the opposing heroes. Well, I just have to tell my friend to get used to it~

Status
Not open for further replies.