• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

So Sound? (WC3 Classic)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
Since Blizzard's tech support forums are dead or locked, I figured here would be a much better place to ask, and since I didn't have a problem until the last update, I am going to assume it's patch related since so here I am.

When I launch WC3 there is no sound anymore, I checked all the settings and nothing is muted or anything like that. Though for whatever reason the only available sound provider is FMOD (I tried changing it to see if that would help, but it only gives me that now).

I reinstalled the game to test, and apparently Blizzard's launcher doesn't put it in the main hard drive anymore (C:/Warcraft III for most) but through some other convoluted method. That didn't fix anything, so I reverted to an older version (Which *is* in the old directory) and the sound works fine, but can't connect to B-Net because I need the latest patch, which, as I said redoes everything.

I am at a lose now, does anyone have any idea what the hell is going on?

Level 5
Windows 10 (ugh) and as far as I can tell all the drivers are up to date. I just got 2 installed atm, one for solo play with sound, and one without sound for b-net. Just kind of irksome it needs to be like that right now.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
Since Blizzard's tech support forums are dead or locked [...]
No they are not.

Classic Games Tech Support

[...] for whatever reason the only available sound provider is FMOD (I tried changing it to see if that would help, but it only gives me that now).[...]
With version 1.30.0, Blizzard dropped the Miles Sound System and now uses FMOD Ex instead.

[...] I reinstalled the game to test, and apparently Blizzard's launcher doesn't put it in the main hard drive anymore (C:/Warcraft III for most) but through some other convoluted method. [...]
Windows 10 (ugh) [...]
Fyi, the default installation path for the game has never been C:/Warcraft III.

On a 32-bit OS, the default installation path is 'C:\Program Files\Warcraft III'.
On my 64-bit version of Windows 10 and as of this writing, the default installation path is 'C:\Program Files (x86)\Warcraft III'. This is the current expected behavior, but this may change in the future if/when the 32-bit version of the game gets dropped.

[...] as far as I can tell all the drivers are up to date [...]
We please need to know more about your audio hardware and software.

Last edited:
Level 5
Finally got it to work, it was an Fmod issue. Had to to uninstall and reinstall shenanigans with the sound drivers themselves since apparently it updated wrong. (No clue why or how, but it's fixed now)

Status
Not open for further replies.