• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Restoring ambient sounds on 1.29.2?

Level 2
Ambient sounds were disabled in patch 1.27 because of some Mac incompatibilities and were later restored in patch 1.30 with the switch to the FMOD sound provider. Is there a way to manually enable ambient sounds on patch 1.29.2 on Windows machines? I haven't been able to find the right config/registry entry.

There are multitudes of missing sounds in the campaign on patch 1.30.4. I've attempted to fix the sounds in the World Editor (mostly switching sounds to the General channel). However, when I load a save, some cinematics' sounds get broken again. :( I'm dying to replay the classic campaign on a native fullscreen patch (for the widescreen UI and the 60+ FPS support) and with working sounds (and I don't have 25GB+ disk space available for Reforged), so it seems like 1.29.2 is my best bet - with the only missing feature being the ambient sounds.

Any help or ideas would be appreciated. Thanks!