• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[General] So so weird!!! Unwanted mini-items appearing (tomes)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hey guys - just wondering if anyone else has ever had this problem. I make custom tomes drop randomly via triggers in my map, which are collectable only by certain players (via filtering orders). The weird part is that after collecting a tome, there is a tiny unselectable one of the same type left-over, floating in the same spot.

Note: I'm using vexorian's model-less dummy to provide a hero glow to indicate the owning player at the location of each tome, and removing it after collection (hashtables).

Any ideas? +REP ofc :goblin_wtf:

Level 30
To clear that up, it's a part of the model for many also experience this one. The way on fixing this of course requires you to edit the model to remove that (as far as I know but not proven, it's not an issue to sum it up.

Known other SFX to cause that:
Town Portal SFX

Level 23
That's pretty normal (AFAIK). It happens when using the town portal scrolls too. It leaves some small blue effect in the ground below the caster which disappears after a while.

That small left-over shouldn't be a real bother unless you use a lot of tomes in the same area. If you care so much about the visuals of your game then I suggest removing the item via trigger after being picked up.

Status
Not open for further replies.