• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

So many problems

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
so i am making this really big map, and i have a few things i could really use help with. I'll just post them all here. if there is something I've overlooked that could tell me real well please tell.

1- Something really important I'll need pretty basic. How do i get icons into my world editor? Every time i try to put any extra icons in, it gives me the same grief it did when i tried to put in some models. (Boy that was fun, it took forever to find that some just don't work with my version.) If it is the same problem, and my version is obsolete or something, would someone help me get it in there some way? I'll do anything!

2- Is it possible to give people a ability that allows them to jump? Like in all the games you see around, is that a possible thing to put in warcraft?

3- Another rather simple one. I'm attempting to allow the players to be able to gibe their people gloves. I've almost got this on down, but the only problem is when i try to give the point for the ability to put the model as 'right hand' or 'left hand' it goes to their feet. It's really annoying.

4-How would you make it so that a unit has a item that does extra attack damage, but whenever they attack they use one of it's charges. And the same thing pretty much, but for armor, so whenever they are hit they lose charges. And when it runs out of charges, it stops working, stays in their inventory, and if there is a model attached to it make it stop working in the same process. I also need to find a way to make the charges go back up to maximum. (for a price of course)

5-This one really bothers me, but i see it all the time. How would you make it so that when a unit grabs like a sword, and he is already carrying the sword he can't use it, it dose not give him power ups, or armor ups, and dose not give him the model that it gives him. And when i do this, how do i make it so that switch weapons, or boots, or whatever?

6-how do you make it so that your hero has an item, and when they click it, it brings up one of those screens when you win, or lose. And they can drop, equip, and put stuff in it, plus exiting of curse.

7-this one is like number 6 in a way. With the win, or lose screen, how do you bring it up? Is it like dialog? I never could get that to work, and i just use quest update, send transmition from unit.

8-Rather simple, actually a few questions under this one, except i just don't understand how things are working down there. How do i make it so that i can put more then one terrain in one area? like have snow in lorderan summer, or lava in Icecrown. I don't already have any tools, so if someone could walk me through that it would be helpful.

9-I know how to make this one run real well, i just have a few problems, like flooding the map with creeps until it crashes. It is spawns. I know how to make them, my only problem is i want them so that they only produce three, and no more until one dies, and when any do die, it only produces the amount that died.

10-This one is real simple. All i am looking for is a spell book that is an ability for a unit, and when he uses it it takes up mana, so not like an item.

I know it is a lot of questions, and you may not want to answer them all, and you may not know them all. If you only know one, help anyway. I look for people who help, not how many questions you answer, it is what you do.
Thanks again to all who help!

Level 3
1. I don't know.
2. Jump System - Wc3campaigns
3. Try "hand left" and "hand right" instead of "left hand" and "right hand".
4. Make the "ammo" stackable and use a trigger to detect a attack and remove one charge. You may want to try an attack detection system (on attack fires before you attack) and a item system (for stacking).
Intuitive Damage Detection System - Wc3campaigns
AAAInventory System - Wc3campaigns
5. Some item systems have this already.
6. It's called dialogs.
7. Not going to try.
8. Change which tiles you use (Advanced>Modify Tileset), WEU has a larger tile option i think. Or trigger it. With triggers you can use all tilesets.
9. Maybe this? Creep Respawn System - Wc3campaigns
10. Make a spellbook, add abilities to it, add the spellbook to a unit...

Level 18
1. What do you mean, wrong version? Do you need to patch or buy TFT?
2. What zandose said.
3. You need Gloves attachments. There are none on THW, so maybe you can find on another site or request 1.
4. Again: What zandose said.
5. Try this tutorial or any other thread that gives you a solution for 1 weapon/armor type per unit. (I believe this is based on a trigger 'If there is 1 item of type X (Like PowerUp), drop the picked item of the same type', and you make all weapons the only PowerUp items in the game)
6. What the guy above me said. To make a dialog pop up, you need to make a trigger for it. There are just a few Dialog trigger commands, so just experiment with them and check this forum for examples of dialog triggers. There are plenty :wink:
7. Triggers again!
8. Again: What zandsoe said.
9. Just make a trigger 'Set CreepSpawns = Count amount of <UNIT TYPE> (In <REGION>)', 'If CreepSpawn is higher then 3, turn off <SPAWNING TRIGGER>'
10. There are several Spellbook abilities in the Spells section of the forum. Go check it out.

It seems you lack knowledge of the forum and the World Editor. I highly reccommend that you make a test map where you make 1 command of every Event, Condition and Action there is in the World Editor. That way, you now every command in the World Editor, and can use your creative brain to make them the triggers you want.
Also, you got a couple of questions that can be easily found on the forum if you simply search. Use the search function before posting new threads with the same problem as another thread that's already been solved.
2, 5, 6, 7 and 10 are all questions that you could've easily answered yourself is you'd browsed through the World Editor or the forum.

So please keep that in mind. Thank you.

Level 17
Some of the things said above my post are good, but might lack information or have incorrect information, allow me to help.

1) I gues you can update your wc3 to the latest version, (you have tft btw?) and if that does not work I gues you should reinstall wc3.

2) -already done-

3) Use 2 strings rather then 1, 'hand' + 'left' instaid of just 'hand left'.

4) You could also use an integer that sets the amount of shots left, and when that integer hits 0 the guy wont be able to attack anymore. In order for the player to see how much he has you can make a multiboard or use gold (that is more simple).

5) The tutorial Avator linked you kind of.. sucks (wont work good).. use this tutorial instaid, however use one trigger with an array instaid, since this is a old tutorial.

6) What do you mean by win and lose? If a player has been given the win or defeat action they get kicked out of the game u know.

7) Same, what do you mean? Win and Defeat triggers can be found at the Actions - Game.

8) -already done- however I don't think adding textures with triggers will always work.
I gues they should be inside the tileset. (Just try it out.)

9) -already done-

10) -already done-

As a side note, why do you call all your problems simple if you don't know how to do it.. :p
Maybe it's simple for other people but if it's not for you meh, it's kind of wierd. :p

Level 7
Okay thanks, this helps a lot.
And for ragingspeedhorn and Avatar here is what i do.
step 1-put find a image on my computer i wish to place in world edit.
step 2-open the import manager and try to put it in.

Result-Could not set up temporary directory, access denied.

I do have a patched version of the Frozen Throne if this information helps any.

Status
Not open for further replies.