• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

so many newbies making ORPG's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 8
am i the only noticing there are so many new ORPG's lately?
when you look at the project req list you see all those ppl who aren't experianced but have ''great idee's''
still they ask people to help them making their map while they somethimes didn't even try to make stuff there own ( respect for ppl that are making stuff thereselve)

i think it's very spamming and the actually ''good orpg's wouldn't get much attention

then u have the ppl like me; i got little experiance but all triggers i try to make are bugged ect my terrain dousn't look very nice but i know the basics of the world editor.
in order to make stuff and get better at my own i'd need some great tutorial
with cinematics explaining some trigger parts and what they do.7
like wtf is booleran thing and are variables?!

i't would be nice if some experianced ppl would say what they did in there noob time to get better ect
good ways to become better and stuff like it
i know this totally off topic but thats why i'm at this topic .

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
like wtf is booleran thing and are variables?!
It is called a boolean and represents a field with two states, true and false. It is the product of any kind of logical comparision and is mostly used in state machines and flow control.

variables
Variables are a compiler time aid that represents an un-shared area of memory that can be used for persistant data storage.

People really should not bother starting to learn to develop WarCraft III maps at this current stage of the WarCraft III life cycle as by the time they get any good at it virtually no one will ever play their maps and WarCraft III might potentially start to have its support dropped.

I advise migrating to StarCraft II. Although its editor is governed by an entirly different set of rules, it has more players to expose to your map and modern features.

Level 8
It is called a boolean and represents a field with two states, true and false. It is the product of any kind of logical comparision and is mostly used in state machines and flow control.

Variables are a compiler time aid that represents an un-shared area of memory that can be used for persistant data storage.

People really should not bother starting to learn to develop WarCraft III maps at this current stage of the WarCraft III life cycle as by the time they get any good at it virtually no one will ever play their maps and WarCraft III might potentially start to have its support dropped.

I advise migrating to StarCraft II. Although its editor is governed by an entirly different set of rules, it has more players to expose to your map and modern features.

i got sc2 but dislike it. the graphics are to high and don't support my pc making it laggy and falling of and i got like all my friends here

Status
Not open for further replies.