1. Find your way through the deepest dungeon in the 18th Mini Mapping Contest Poll.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. A brave new world lies beyond the seven seas. Join the 34th Modeling Contest today!
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Hive 3 Remoosed BETA - NOW LIVE. Go check it out at BETA Hive Workshop! Post your feedback in this new forum BETA Feedback.
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

so many newbies making ORPG's

Discussion in 'Warcraft Discussion' started by vlekje5, Sep 6, 2012.

1. vlekje5

vlekje5

Resources:
    Resources:
    am i the only noticing there are so many new ORPG's lately?
    when you look at the project req list you see all those ppl who aren't experianced but have ''great idee's''
    still they ask people to help them making their map while they somethimes didn't even try to make stuff there own ( respect for ppl that are making stuff thereselve)

i think it's very spamming and the actually ''good orpg's wouldn't get much attention

then u have the ppl like me; i got little experiance but all triggers i try to make are bugged ect my terrain dousn't look very nice but i know the basics of the world editor.
    in order to make stuff and get better at my own i'd need some great tutorial
    with cinematics explaining some trigger parts and what they do.7
    like wtf is booleran thing and are variables?!

i't would be nice if some experianced ppl would say what they did in there noob time to get better ect
    good ways to become better and stuff like it
    i know this totally off topic but thats why i'm at this topic .

2. rulerofiron99

rulerofiron99

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    To the tutorials!

Look for "basic triggers", that should answer many of your questions.

3. Dr Super Good

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer

Resources:
    Maps:
    Spells:
    Resources:
    It is called a boolean and represents a field with two states, true and false. It is the product of any kind of logical comparision and is mostly used in state machines and flow control.

Variables are a compiler time aid that represents an un-shared area of memory that can be used for persistant data storage.

People really should not bother starting to learn to develop WarCraft III maps at this current stage of the WarCraft III life cycle as by the time they get any good at it virtually no one will ever play their maps and WarCraft III might potentially start to have its support dropped.

I advise migrating to StarCraft II. Although its editor is governed by an entirly different set of rules, it has more players to expose to your map and modern features.

4. vlekje5

vlekje5

Resources:
    Resources:
    i got sc2 but dislike it. the graphics are to high and don't support my pc making it laggy and falling of and i got like all my friends here