• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

So, just tried a test for singing and discovered something interesting

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 31
When people tell you to not tense your throat, they always say to feel for it, and that if your throat starts to feel strained, that you're doing it wrong. Well, that's not very helpful >.>. Vague mumbo jumbo. They also say muscle control and so on.

Well, I tried straining my throat to the utmost and I noticed something. When you strain your throat, the skin underneath your chin, the part that moves up/down, will move up when you're tensed. If you are relaxed, it'll stay down. If you can sing with it staying down, you aren't tensing your throat. That skin should not move at all.

I actually researched this and found a site that advocates what I just discovered myself

http://www.become-a-singing-master.com/tips-for-a-better-singing-voice.html

Well, I should now stop singing for a few months to give my voice a chance to recover.

Status
Not open for further replies.