• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

So close to done, little pointers?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Howdy all,

Okay so I just made a Hero Arena map and I am ready to take it live, well, almost ready. I have 12 heroes on it which are entirely originial creations (no, I didn't use original models, and I used a lot of WCIIIFT skills, but I did not copy any names/concepts/skill stets...)

ANYWAY

My one issue is that I made a skill using the Storm, Earth, and Fire skill as a base (The Brewmaster skill which splits him into three parts) where the (Troll) hero splits into two trolls, only issue is that the trolls say "Panderan Elemental" in their little duration bars. I dont like that. Please tell me how I can get rid of it, also, any information on how to make a summoned unit's color be what I want instead of "Match Owning Player" would be appreciated.

If anyone wants a copy, let me know.

Level 1
Thanks but those are two things I already tried, two things which don't work.

Just to make sure though I just tried them again, they still don't work.

Thanks anyway, anyone else?

Level 2
The_Raven is right...

Change the Text-Tooltip (name) of the buff to (whatever you want.)

Make sure you have given the right buff to the ability.

Level 1
Allright, thanks guys. I was just removing all buffs from that spell as opposed to editing the existing ones. Many thanks, it's done. Unless anyone has any idea of what to do about the colors of summoned units.

Level 1
That's what I thought too, so, I did it, and guess what...When I have a unit "Pollux" being summoned by the spell "Pollux and Castor" and I have Pollux set color as orange the summoned unit comes out as "match owning player." Castor has his color set to Blue, he also comes out "matched" (in this case, red).

Summonable Lieutennants are set to black (neutral hostile) and they come out red.

Bears are supposed to be brown (player 12), Water Elementals are supposed to be light blue (player 10), pheoni are supposed to be red, (they are, but only because of matched player).

When I manually place these units in the map their color comes out fine, but when they are summoned they always take the default color, please tell me if this can be changed.

I know it sounds like I am not actaully trying to solve the problem, but I really am, and I really have done everything you say, it just doesn't work.

I would be more than happy to email a copy of the map to someone who'd like to try their hand at it.

Thanks again for the help though.

Status
Not open for further replies.