• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Snowy Forests v1.0

Snowy Forest v1.0
Overview
Snowy Forests v1.0 its an ALTERED melee map set in the arctic, somewhere north of Lordaeron. Game play is the same as melee except that here are a few tweeks. The map is meant to feel more realistic and has an exciting over-powered unit for each race at level 3.

Features

-Tree/Destructibles
the Snowy tree Wall ts bigger than normal size
and have more hp so it looks like real forest
and adding some Northrend Tree Wall in forests
in forests you can see wolfs Trols . . .
and adding some Snow Tree Wall (Dead)
in Forests like it was bean cutting from some one long time ago :D

-Environment
The Rocks are bigger than normal Rocks so it looks very cool and Realistic in forests
River Rushes are bigger and little darker than normal River Rushes
it looks very Cool and Realistic on water
Lily Pad its little biger than normal Lily Pad . . .
Cattail its bigger to

-In the Tileset
Northrend Snow (Light)

-Players
on players i was working the most i was making the Buildings little bigger so its look Cooler
and i was adding to Humans,Night Elf,Orcs,Undead
the Titan
i love it to call titan - the titan its a giant warrior players get at tier 3!
-The humans have War Golem = Titan
-The Undead have Flesh Golem = Titan
-The Orcs have Stonemaul Warchief = Titan
-The Night Elf has Stone Golem = Titan (it have an texture --> Tree Golem)

Screenshots

232398-albums6725-picture73650.jpg
232398-albums6725-picture73654.jpg
232398-albums6725-picture73651.jpg
232398-albums6725-picture73652.jpg
232398-albums6725-picture73653.jpg

Changelog

Version 1.0

Keywords:
Snowy Forests v1.0 its an melee map just litle difrent from other maps
Contents

Snowy Forests v1.0 (Map)

Reviews
Orcnet12:15, 15th Nov 2013700 Snowy Forests (Tested Version 1.0) RateScorePercentLetter 5/591-100A RateScorePercentLetter 4/581-90%B RateScorePercentLetter 3/575-80%C RateScorePercentLetter 2/570-74%D RateScorePercentLetter...

M

1b5e5a7776e87f86f9c6951fa3dad711_64508.gif
Orcnet12:15, 15th Nov 2013

194715-albums6441-picture75028.png

Snowy Forests (Tested Version 1.0)

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
5/591-100A

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
4/581-90%B

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
3/575-80%C

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
2/570-74%D

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
1/550-69%F

Overview:

Gameplay

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"I had a similar like these before when I was just a kid, I never knew such idea will spread on someone's mind for some time, its cool and very well on track with realism, although the trees are too heavily textured you can't see the enemies below even from bird's eye view, I suggest you look out for a tree with less grass and so for a better view."

Terrain

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Terrain is good looking, but what I've said about the trees, it makes it hard to see who's hiding under neath it."

Management

addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif

"Overall map can be useful."

Total Score: (Gameplay[x/5] + Terrain[x/5] + Management[x/5] / Total Score[15] * 50 + 50)

Rate
ScorePercentLetter
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
addrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
th_blankrev.gif
9/1580%C

Hey, this looks really nice. I am a big fan of snow. :) But, you need a proper description to be approved. Check the Map Submission Rules. You can do it using simple BBcode key and making catagories like "Story", "Screenshots", "Features" and so on. You might list all of the neutral buildings you used. If you want to save some time you might try using one of these Map Discription Templates. Also, I really like this simple yet useful Beginner's Guide to Map Making and Text Colors and this Advanced Terraining. There is no rule that Melee can't have new text colors or other tweaks. It can even have a Map Preview Screen.Your melee map can even have a multi-board (to list gold or kills, etc) or restart options added without losing its melee category quality. If you want to learn any of this here's a great place to start - Things GUI users should know. Finally, you should always try Polishing Your Game, to make sure it really shines. That last one also has a section on making a description. Good Luck!!! +rep!

Note: Player 3 (Teal) has an unfair advantage being so close to the expansion.

378324d5ea7e30838fa64b6e12fa99c9_72616.jpg

Button Top-right hand corner. [edit] Oh, I see you got it! Nice! Now spice it up a bit.

Here is another tip. Use a private message or a visitor message to use the bbcode tools. I don't know why the Hive has not added this feature to the map descriptions (we really could use it). So, create the description in a private message and click the "go advanced" button. Then you can work on a description and check it by clicking the "preview message" button. This will let you use the tools like "add image" "color" "font" hidden" and so on. When you are done copy the bbcode you have and paste it into your description. Then save changes and boom sweet description. Here is an example for you.
Snowy Forest v1.0
Overview
Snowy Forests v1.0 its an ALTERED melee map set in the arctic, somewhere north of Lordaeron. Game play is the same as melee except that here are a few tweeks. The map is meant to feel more realistic and has an exciting over-powered unit for each race at level 3.

Features

-Tree/Destructibles

-Environment
The Rocks are bigger than normal Rocks so it looks very cool in forests
it looks very Cool on water
Cattail its bigger to

-In the Tileset
Northrend Snow (Light)

-Players
on players i was working the most i was making the Buildings little bigger so its look Cooler
the Titan
-The humans have War Golem = Titan
-The Undead have Flesh Golem = Titan
-The Orcs have Stonemaul Warchief = Titan
-The Night Elf has Stone Golem = Titan (it have an texture --> Tree Golem)

Screenshots

***add here using tags.

[COLOR="MediumTurquoise"][size=3][center][B]Changelog[/B][/center][/size][/COLOR]

[color="white"]Version 1.0

[/COLOR][/box][/table][/hidden][/stable]

[stable][hidden=plain code example][plain][table][box="Snowy Forest v1.0"][COLOR="MediumTurquoise"][size=3][center][B]Overview[/B][/center][/size][/COLOR]
[COLOR="white"]Snowy Forests v1.0 its an ALTERED melee map set in the arctic, somewhere north of Lordaeron. Game play is the same as melee except that here are a few tweeks. The map is meant to feel more realistic and has an exciting over-powered unit for each race at level 3.[/COLOR]

[COLOR="MediumTurquoise"][size=3][center][B]Features[/B][/center][/size][/COLOR]

[COLOR="YellowGreen"]-Tree/Destructibles[/COLOR][color="white"]

[COLOR="PaleTurquoise"]-Environment[/COLOR]
The Rocks are bigger than normal Rocks so it looks very cool in forests
it looks very Cool on water
Cattail its bigger to

[COLOR="MediumTurquoise"]-In the Tileset[/COLOR]
Northrend Snow (Light)

[COLOR="red"]-Players[/COLOR]
the Titan
[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]-The humans have War Golem[/COLOR] = Titan
[COLOR="grey"]-The Undead have Flesh Golem[/COLOR] = Titan
[COLOR="SeaGreen"]-The Orcs have Stonemaul Warchief[/COLOR] = Titan
[COLOR="DarkOrchid"]-The Night Elf has Stone Golem[/COLOR] = Titan (it have an texture --> Tree Golem)[/COLOR]

[COLOR="MediumTurquoise"][size=3][center][B]Screenshots[/B][/center][/size][/COLOR]

***add here using [img] tags.

[COLOR="MediumTurquoise"][size=3][center][B]Changelog[/B][/center][/size][/COLOR]

[color="white"]Version 1.0

[/COLOR][/box][/table][/plain][/hidden][/stable]

Feel free to copy and paste this code into your description but please add screenshots if you do.

Also, note: This map is [COLOR="Red"]Altered Melee[/COLOR] if it has new units in it.

Level 30
Hello there, I mus agree with a Rejection of this or maybe Pending because of the reasons that this should be an altered Melee Map meaning that a melee was edited in form of edited units, buildings, items and such of the original melee. Now, that this is a Altered Melee map, still there should be a considerable or fine amount of changes to be considered one of an ALtered Melee and I can see, it is quite a fine amount though they must also be good enough and can change the game quite alot and yours seems not yet at that level.

Dont rush on making stuffs and learn first, as what abgm, a user says here always and I must agree he is 100% right! Go look at the tutorials that Legal linked to you and better go to the Tutorial Sections of the Hive and read tutorials that bets fits you to improve your map! Good luck and still +4 REP!

Level 2
hy thank you four telling me what do i need to do next but
i think its litle complicate

i think i found those tools

OMG this its soo Cool :D thank you alot four help me and explain to me what do i need to do :D its soo nice :D how can i change the picuter of the map i have one nice picture :D

How can i add screenshots
i wan to add some screenshot's from map

Last edited by a moderator:
Screenshot Tutorial

HOW TO ADD A SCREENSHOT TO YOUR MAP DESCRIPTION !!!

1. Open the map. This works in game or in world editor so you can do both.

2. Find angles you like. (in world editor you can scroll way out and then press
key_CTRL.png
and then keep scrolling - this will roll back the shadow and let you view the entire map from a distance. This looks really nice and shows the full map in more detail).
dddd5fff-ca77-4c97-b211-9bbabdd25310_zps7cb8bc27.jpg

3. Press
Print-Screen-Button-42x42.jpg
&
key_CTRL.png
Control + "Print Screen" at the same time. This will save a screenshot to your clipboard.

4. Open Paint.
64px-Paint_Windows_7_icon.png

5. Click paste.
pastebttn-m.gif
or press control + "V"
key_CTRL.png
&
key_v.gif
at the same time. Now you should have a screenshot in Paint. If its a World Editor screenshot, crop the edges to remove the white user interface.

6. Save
file_save.png
file as a .jpg or .png. Then go to
226052-albums6627-picture73645.png
add album and create an album. The click
upload_pictures.png
and select the image file you just saved.

7. Now
378324d5ea7e30838fa64b6e12fa99c9_72616.jpg
your description and add these BBcode tags before and after the image URL. [img] Image URL Here .jpg [/img] To get the image URL view the picture in you web browser and right-click on it. Then choose Copy Image Address (sometimes called copy image URL)
0511TumblrReblog06.jpg

This will copy the image URL to your clip board and the you can paste it between the BBcode tags.

[SIZE="3"]8.[/SIZE] Save the description and view your new screenshot! Also consider using [hidden=hidden tags][plain][hidden=hidden tags] Screenshot here [/hidden][/plain][/hidden][/B][/COLOR][/box][/table]

Last edited:
where can i find Add Album ? do i need an program or something ? i mean do i need PowerPoint or something like that ? Thanks :))

No, your album is on the right on your profile page here at the hiveworkshop.com.

You only need Paint. Almost every computer comes with this program.

icon_mspaint.png

Paint

Map Preview Screen = This is how you can make a preview screen for the map. It will cover the preview you have up above. I recommend you learn screenshots first though.

Warning: As Hell_Master noted, this map needs to be ALTERED MELEE. You can change this in the update page. Changing this will not hurt anything, but leaving it as melee will get you rejected.

btw: Nice description!

Level 2
i have found add album now what do i need to write in title or description ( its write BB code not allowed )
i have uploaded photos

what do i need to change from Melee map to

i have found i was changing the Melee to Altered Melee

Thank you four showying me and explayn to me how to do all of those things :))
i was learning alot of things :))

Last edited: