• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Snow? Stone? Walls?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Hello everybody, I just signed in, its a pretty cool forum, but either I suck at searching threads, or there is no tutorial for my problem. Its three main things, first, how to make a snowy terrain, second, how to make a stone terrain, like this:

g-90-0.jpg

warcraft-iii-the-frozen-throne.241364.jpg

And third, how to make a decent wall, like this:

6-787_3.jpg

'Cause when I try, I get this:

dibujopvvcpy.png

Level 10
Is it bugged or I see how blizzard failed on Floating wall in RoC? xD

Also when in WE press "P" to see pathing, so you could see how to place better, there are also "Variations"... About that good first 2 terrain images, you can't make em in some few days, those were made by experienced terrainers, with time if you terrain much you will get better, also I HIGHLY suggest you to read tutorials, I personally learned everything from these tutorials.

Tutorials

Level 7
Thnx everybody, I just couldnt find any tutorials of snow/rock...

ok THANKS for the wal!!

but wat about the floor in rock and snow? =D
i wanna know too :p

Read a little bit above

Is it bugged or I see how blizzard failed on Floating wall in RoC? xD

Also when in WE press "P" to see pathing, so you could see how to place better, there are also "Variations"... About that good first 2 terrain images, you can't make em in some few days, those were made by experienced terrainers, with time if you terrain much you will get better, also I HIGHLY suggest you to read tutorials, I personally learned everything from these tutorials.

Level 16
About stone terrain:
''Stone'' terrain uses sunken ruins tiles (bricks on floor) and some doodads. Like columns, bookshelves, walls, stairs etc...

If you want to make it without tiles, you will have to export tile models from UTM. SAme as many other Sunken Ruins doodads. Like walls, bridges, columns, pillars etc...

About snow terrain:
It uses ''Snow'' ground textures from Lordaeron Winter, Northrend and Icecown Glacier and special snowy doodads. There aren't many snowy doodads.

Like these:
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/models-530/snowpine-114724/?prev=search=Snow&d=list&r=20
http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/1145322-post3.html

You can export some snowy doodads from UTM.

Status
Not open for further replies.