• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Snippet] Stack

Level 16
It could be "inlined" though; as the code only an argument and you don't need to store it (which you couldn't, that's why it matters), it could be just fired using a static trigger, and "this" + "value" could be retrieved using static members/globals.

I don't like function interfaces either, simply because they duplicate the code, and if you have longer functions/methods, they can add quite a lot to the code :S I've still got like 2 libraries based on them though, simply because they're old, and I'm lazy to change half of my spells :'D At least they're short, so it's not THAT big of a deal.

Level 16
Well, true. But changing it wouldn't take more than 5 minutes in my opinion, and it can make a difference; it's not really the performance (it does the very same thing, so I think there's little to no difference between an "inlined" and a ".evaluate" solution), but the fact that it makes the code beefier.

But hey, it's your resource => it's your call :)

Level 17
About the forEach method :

Boolexpr are like strings, in the sense that they are not created again if it's already there, meaning that calling Filter(function F1) X times will not create X boolexpr but only one.
Then, if you use DestroyBoolExpr it will screw up things which used this boolexpr, simply because this boolexpr will be destroyed.
Imagine a trigger condition as example.
So just don't use it, you don't have to care about leaks.

Note that the functions And() and Or() create a new boolexpr each time they are called.

What i'm saying can be simply checked with GetHandleId.

Also if we use a function which takes and returns nothing as a code argument, TriggerEvaluate should return false.
I'm not sure (need to be tested) but maybe you could just use ResetTrigger before the loop, TriggerEvaluate in the loop and then use GetTriggerEvalCount.

But instead of this stuff, you could simply use a ForForce with a dummy force, however i'm not sure that using a ForForce in the function argument will work as expected. (a ForForce in a ForForce callback)
Or simply use ExecuteFunc, but i'm not fan of strings as code argument, it's error prone.

Last edited:
Level 17
@Anachron : You mean that you don't understand what i want mean ?
Do you need an example where there will be a bug ?
I mean seriously it's a fact, not a guess, you just have to remove DestroyBoolExpr, which is 100 % useless and bug prone there.

@Luorax : At least i'm not in this "we", same for structs extends array. Yeah you probably don't care and that's fine but i had to say it.

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
And that's the problem. We put even single globals into separate resources here, in the JASS section, y'know.

Also, the documentation doesn't meet the standards either, because it's actually informative.

I agree with these points. No one has been able to stop Nestharus' creativity killing, but I support the attempts.

Bribe

Code Moderator
Level 50
But you shouldn't create resources because you can,
you should do it because you need them :/

Nestharus will claim he needs all those resources and that they are very practical and better off being separate and modular resources.

I agree though the JASS section is cluttered with his ego name.

Lol, you do realize that I am actually using those collections right? Trigger will be used in PriorityTrigger, which will be used for DDS. I released all of those in preparation for the DDS update ;o.
Uhm yeah, so you wanna tell me you need Trigger, BooleanExpression, Alloc Alternative, StaticQueueArray, StaticStackArray, List, Dummy, SharedUniqueNXQueue, UniqueNXQueue, NXQueue, SharedQueue, NXStack, UniqueNXStack, SharedUniqueNXStack, Stack, SharedStack, UniqueNXList, UniqueList, StaticQueue, etc. for it?

I told you Anachron.
You can look into the future! :O

Level 31
Uhm yeah, so you wanna tell me you need Trigger, BooleanExpression, Alloc Alternative, StaticQueueArray, StaticStackArray, List, Dummy, SharedUniqueNXQueue, UniqueNXQueue, NXQueue, SharedQueue, NXStack, UniqueNXStack, SharedUniqueNXStack, Stack, SharedStack, UniqueNXList, UniqueList, StaticQueue, etc. for it?

You can look into the future! :O

Around 7 of the collections, Trigger, and Alloc Alternative. Trigger uses BooleanExpression. I just coded most of the collection implementations cuz I thought, "might as well." They are all very general, so they can be used in anything that uses collections ;).

Dummy is used for something else entirely, usually projectile systems and spells.

Level 5
There are iterator issues when using this library with the use of stack arrays.

Even if the reset function is called, the hasNext one stops after one iteration when I've tried to iterate over a stack element.

This seems to happen when one iteration has already been done, I can provide you the code which points the matter.

Level 5
Context is that I got a stash of units which is represented by a Stack, I've made an array of Stacks each player having his own stash.

Here is the INIT and adding part of the code
JASS:
globals
    Stack array unitsInStash
endglobals
JASS:
    //Updating the stash part
    if (unitsInStash[playerIndex] == null) then
        set unitsInStash[playerIndex] = Stack.create()
    endif
    call unitsInStash[playerIndex].add(GetUnitUserData(boughtUnit))
    //Check if the new unit has 3 occurences of the same unit-type in the stack
    call AutoUpgradeUnit(boughtUnit, playerIndex)
This is my AutoUpgrade function, the stack is firstly iterated with "GetUnitOccurencesInStash" call, iterator is reset and then used in this function. I get the correct unitStashOccurences value but then the iterator just stops after one loop even if the count stack attribute (the actual stash size) returns 5. This is happening when unitStashOccurences is equals to 3 by the way.
JASS:
function AutoUpgradeUnit takes unit target, integer playerIndex returns nothing
    local integer unitStashOccurences
    local location unitLocation = GetUnitLoc(target)
    local integer targetUnitType = GetUnitTypeId(target)
    local integer raceId
    local unit currentUnit
    local integer currentUnitId
    local integer unitUpgrade
    //local boolean found = false
    set unitStashOccurences = GetUnitOccurencesInStash(target, playerIndex)
    //call unitsInStash[playerIndex].reset()
    if unitStashOccurences == 3 then
        call DisplayTextToForce( GetPlayersAll(), "ACTUAL STASH SIZE : " + I2S(unitsInStash[playerIndex].count) )
       loop
           exitwhen not unitsInStash[playerIndex].hasNext()
           set currentUnitId = unitsInStash[playerIndex].getNext()
           call DisplayTextToForce( GetPlayersAll(), "CURRENT LOOP UNIT ID : " + I2S(currentUnitId) )
           if ( currentUnitId == targetUnitType ) then
               //Clean handlers and removing necessary units to combine
               set currentUnit = GetUnitFromAliveUnits(playerIndex, currentUnitId)
               call unitsInStash[playerIndex].delete(currentUnitId)
               call RemoveUnit(currentUnit)
           endif
          //Replace the unit by his next tier
           if ( currentUnit == target ) then
               set raceId = GetRaceId(target)
               //Load (tier_level) of (unit_type) in (unit_race_upgrades)
               set unitUpgrade = String2UnitIdBJ( LoadStringBJ( ( GetUnitPointValue(target) + 1 ), udg_UnitTypesInRaces[GetUnitUserData(target)], udg_UNIT_UPGRADES[raceId] ) )
               call DisplayTextToForce( GetPlayersAll(),  LoadStringBJ( ( GetUnitPointValue(target) + 1 ), udg_UnitTypesInRaces[GetUnitUserData(target)], udg_UNIT_UPGRADES[raceId] ) )
               call CreateNUnitsAtLoc( 1, unitUpgrade, ConvertedPlayer(playerIndex), unitLocation, 270.00 )
               call AddSpecialEffectLocBJ( unitLocation, "Abilities\\Spells\\Orc\\AncestralSpirit\\AncestralSpiritCaster.mdl" )
               call DestroyEffectBJ( GetLastCreatedEffectBJ() )
               call unitsInStash[playerIndex].add( GetUnitUserData(GetLastCreatedUnit()) )
                //set found = true
            endif
        endloop
        call unitsInStash[playerIndex].reset()
   endif
   call RemoveLocation(unitLocation)
endfunction
GetUnitOccurencesInStash function
JASS:
function GetUnitOccurencesInStash takes unit target, integer playerIndex returns integer
    local integer targetUnitType = GetUnitTypeId(target)
    local integer currentUnitId
    local integer occurencesCount = 0
    local unit currentUnit
    //call DisplayTextToForce( GetPlayersAll(), "OccurenceFunction - targetUnitType : " + I2S(targetUnitType) + " / stashCount : " + I2S(currentStack.count) )
    loop
        exitwhen not unitsInStash[playerIndex].hasNext()
        set currentUnitId = unitsInStash[playerIndex].getNext()
        set currentUnit = GetUnitFromAliveUnits(playerIndex, currentUnitId)
        if ( GetUnitTypeId(currentUnit) == targetUnitType ) then
            set occurencesCount = occurencesCount + 1
            set udg_CurrentUnitLocation[currentUnitId] = GetUnitLoc(currentUnit)
        endif
    endloop
    call unitsInStash[playerIndex].reset()
    return occurencesCount
endfunction

Last edited:
JASS:
               [B]call[/B] [COLOR=#dd4444]CreateNUnitsAtLoc[/COLOR][COLOR=sienna]([/COLOR] [COLOR=#3333FF]1[/COLOR][COLOR=sienna],[/COLOR] unitUpgrade[COLOR=sienna],[/COLOR] [COLOR=#dd4444]ConvertedPlayer[/COLOR][COLOR=sienna]([/COLOR]playerIndex[COLOR=sienna]),[/COLOR] unitLocation[COLOR=sienna],[/COLOR] [COLOR=#3333FF]270.00[/COLOR] [COLOR=sienna])[/COLOR]
               [B]call[/B] [COLOR=#dd4444]AddSpecialEffectLocBJ[/COLOR][COLOR=sienna]([/COLOR] unitLocation[COLOR=sienna],[/COLOR] [COLOR=blue]"Abilities\\Spells\\Orc\\AncestralSpirit\\AncestralSpiritCaster.mdl"[/COLOR] [COLOR=sienna])[/COLOR]
               [B]call[/B] [COLOR=#dd4444]DestroyEffectBJ[/COLOR][COLOR=sienna]([/COLOR] [COLOR=#dd4444]GetLastCreatedEffectBJ[/COLOR][COLOR=sienna]()[/COLOR] [COLOR=sienna])[/COLOR]
               [B]call[/B] unitsInStash[COLOR=sienna][[/COLOR]playerIndex[COLOR=sienna]][/COLOR].[COLOR=color: #666666]add[/COLOR][COLOR=sienna]([/COLOR] [COLOR=purple]GetUnitUserData[/COLOR][COLOR=sienna]([/COLOR][COLOR=#dd4444]GetLastCreatedUnit[/COLOR][COLOR=sienna]())[/COLOR] [COLOR=sienna])[/COLOR]

First, I am not sure you can use GetLastCreatedUnit() with CreateNUnitsAtLoc.
Second: Where does GetLastCreatedUnit get it's UserData from when its just created? Aren't you just adding zero values to the stack?

Last edited:
Level 5
First, I am not sure you can use GetLastCreatedUnit() with CreateNUnitsAtLoc.
The same behaviour is working in GUI but I could not test it here because this part of code will never be reached cause of the iterator problem...

Second: Where does GetLastCreatedUnit get it's UserData from when its just created? Aren't you just adding zero values to the stack?
Their UserData is initialized with an Unit Indexer event, I've checked everything until I've came across this bug. I'll guess I'll stick with hastables for the moment, your library itself is cool though. :)