• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Small models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Im trying to make my own weapons for attachments but they are all about 150-300 kb.

How can I make them small like other weapon moddels ? (1-10 kb)

And another question.

Do I make attachments points in the moddels in my program (3ds max 8) or in some special program of blizzard ?

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

How detailed are your models?

You can add attachment points in max or Magos.

Level 2
Here are the pictures of them.

Not very detailed as u can see... or is it ? i don't realy understand in this.

And about the attachment points, max = 3ds max ?

Attachments

• Helbard.JPG
    Helbard.JPG
    88.7 KB · Views: 99
  • Steal Sword.JPG
    Steal Sword.JPG
    86.5 KB · Views: 102
  • Weird Blade.JPG
    Weird Blade.JPG
    95.8 KB · Views: 88

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

Those are very detailed, way too much for Warcraft III. What's the poly count?

And, Max = 3DsMax yes.

Level 2
Helbard is about 250

Steel sword is about 160

and the Weird Blade is about 350

Darn i mean less then this what quality will it have ? am i supposed to make sqaures for swords ? :eekani: :p

And can u by any chance explain how do i make attachment points in max ? plz :p

From stuff i read i *think* that im supposed to make a bone and make a script for it to stick to other bones... is that right ? (dunno how to make scripts btw so dosn't really help me)

Deleted member 126647

D

Deleted member 126647

From stuff i read i *think* that im supposed to make a bone and make a script for it to stick to other bones... is that right ? (dunno how to make scripts btw so dosn't really help me)

No.

All you have to do is just make sure the part of the weapon you want to be held is placed exactly at the point 0,0,0. Then the attachment will attach fine in game.

Well you can keep your models as they are, but unless you simplify them, the size will stay large. Just note how big they will be in game, and think if the detail is actually worth it.

Level 2
ok :p

thx very much for your help :thumbs_up:

Edit: ohhhh i see now why my Helbard was so big ! i made all those little sharp things with new shapes and coss that it made tons of extra polygans ! with out them its only 60 kb and im gonna cut off more things so it'll be like 10 kb, thx so much :D

Btw lol tried stuff and then thought suddenly of something.
Do i need to make my things in certain size ? or does warcraft make automatic sizes ?
Coss i make attachments and its kinda stupid if unit suddenly carry a 1 milimiter sword ^^

Hmmm... can u tell me how to export the .3ds file to .mdx ? there is no such option in MilkShape 3D o_O

Last edited:
Helbard is about 250

Steel sword is about 160

and the Weird Blade is about 350

Darn i mean less then this what quality will it have ? am i supposed to make sqaures for swords ? :eekani: :p

And can u by any chance explain how do i make attachment points in max ? plz :p

Models like Peon have about 350 polys , now think about your polycount . This is wc3 no WoW :) + u are making a weapon no unit .

Level 2
Btw lol tried stuff and then thought suddenly of something.
Do i need to make my things in certain size ? or does warcraft make automatic sizes ?
Coss i make attachments and its kinda stupid if unit suddenly carry a 1 milimiter sword ^^

Hmmm... can u tell me how to export the .3ds file to .mdx ? there is no such option in MilkShape 3D o_O

Can you please answer me ?

Status
Not open for further replies.