• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Slow to load certain areas

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 16
Over the past few weeks I been here more active.

I started trying to download some maps and campaigns that I thought my kiddos and I would enjoy.

I noticed right away some areas were slow to load. (Can't be specific other then maps area)

At first I thought it was my connection because unfortunately where I live, I only get 512kbs (490kbs to be technically speaking, but I pay for 512)

But I notice I can go to other sites with little or no delay.

Is there something wrong with the site? The provider being interrupted?

I don't en tried to load this forum from my phone instead of my PC... and it took 3 timeouts, just to load :(

Level 5
I believe hive is having trouble with its servers or something else like that.
Due to that it seems to be way less efficient with some kind of connections(in particular I have one connection which sometimes seemingly do not have hive respond for 10 minutes for seemingly no reasons(the rest of the internet works perfectly while that happens))
That did not happen for me with hive 1.0 but there was probably more servers and more donators or something like that.(or when people told me hive 2 would be faster it was a lie since I do not except people to lie I conclude that hive is having not enough good servers for the current load)

Dr Super Good

Spell Reviewer
Level 64
At first I thought it was my connection because unfortunately where I live, I only get 512kbs (490kbs to be technically speaking, but I pay for 512)
To make it clear to everyone, that is a download speed of ~61 KB/sec. That means it will take him about 15 seconds to load just Ralle's 920 KB forum avatar the first time (hopefully it gets cached). Then you get the people with multi-MB gifs in their signatures...

I would recon a load time per page of 20-40 seconds at best is about what you can expect. Hopefully as more elements are cached, it will load subsequent pages faster. Avoid browsing the spell section as those submissions are full of unique GIF images now.

Unfortunatly this is the way of the modern internet. Not everyone is considerate to people with slow internet like I am considerate. My forum avatar is just ~5 KB, so loads in under 1/10th of a second (60 KB/sec) or 1/150th of the time it takes to load Ralle's forum avatar.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.