• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Slide and jerky movement

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi!
I and a friend made a map where you slide with your hero. But we are not satisfied of the movement of the heroes.
The movement seems jerky regardless of the period used for the timer (we use standard triggers for the slide system). Even with 0.001 second, the movement is jerky.
In fact, the more we reduce the value, the less the movement is jerky in straight lines, but the more the movement is jerky when you circle with your hero.
However the jerky movement doesn't appear with the car model Illidan. So everything might be a problem of graphics or of animation. I remember that the map-maker Maximaxou found out that when the "walk" animation is played, the movement seems less jerky.

So... Anyone knows anything about that bug?

Level 12
Srry pal, I have to resign from that task. The map is a trigger fest and I have limited time, so I can't go through all that stuff.

Just can tell you that 0.03 is small enough for sliding and something else must be wrong if movement is jerky.

Status
Not open for further replies.