• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Skin Request: Some Teamcolor, Please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hello again to the skinners that take their time to look at the requests forum. I got a few recolors from Karland90 to make the two Naga models white (http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/requests-341/requesting-few-recolors-gasp-158699/). My intention was to be able to create a wide variety of color variation with a single model, and I was partially successful. However, there is just one more thing I need to make it really work.
Most Naga have two different colors; their body color and their fin color. Just take a look at some of these pictures and you will get what I'm talking about:

nagaarmorih2.png

naga_4337-249x300.jpg

What would be great is if the fins of the Naga were teamcolored, to provide that last thing I need to make plenty of different Naga variations. Now, as far as I know, in order to make a model use teamcolor you would need to modify the skin it uses. What I would like is if someone were to edit the two skins provided by Karland90 in the link above to have teamcolor on their fins. Anyone who attempts to help with this request would receive +rep from me and credits (along with Karland90) in whatever project I use it in.

Level 23
I'm not sure, but don't you have to edit the model parts first, so that they allow teamcolour, coz otherwise this part of the skin would just be invisible.

But maybe the nagas already have fins that are able to use teamcolour.
Unfortunatelly I can't skin at the moment, so I can't try, coz of a broken computer!

Level 23
I'm on it :)

Ok, here we go, I tried two different ways of getting teamcolour included, just try both and tell me which option works better (I'm not quite sure if both work ;)) and I'll do the second one for you in that style then, too!

1: NageMymridion: 100% opacity alpha and then added some shading
2: NagaSirene: 20% opacity alpha and then 40%...

Attachments

• NagaMyrmidonwhiteTC.BLP
    213.3 KB · Views: 39
  • NagaSirenwhitetTC.BLP
    202.4 KB · Views: 47
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.