1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still haven't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Rubbed the right way, the genie is out of its lamp! The 12th Concept Art Contest Results have been announced.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King has a new champion. The results for the 19th Icon Contest are here!
    Dismiss Notice
  5. Race against the odds and Reforge, Don't Refund. The 14th Techtree Contest has begun!
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Skin not showing up.

Discussion in 'Texturing & Surfacing' started by oinking, Aug 4, 2004.

1. oinking

oinking

Resources:
    Resources:
    Ok can, this is my first attempt at making a w3 map. I have prior experience in making starcraft maps. I knew the insides and outsides of that and want to be that good at w3 too. But i quite don't understand the import thing. The bit about how u have to change the directory thing 'units/huma/something.mdx' and so on. I understand that it just puts it in a certain location for the map to retrieve it, but what if 'm making a default character who does not resemble anyone from any of the races. Does that mean that i just put him in units/human/..... and i just want to know if i can just put skins anywhere, like can i put a knight skin in the undead section, and can someone plz post all the locations, cause i think, the reason my skin is not showing up is cause i'm using the wrong storage address. thanks. :D

2. Juice_F

Juice_F

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    dl wc3 image extractor, you can find all the skin paths there

3. BaNaNa

BaNaNa

Resources:
    Resources:
    do u no how to do it on mac bcuz the skin nver shows up that'll b grateful if u help thx :D

4. Sopho

Sopho

Resources:
    Models:
    Icons:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    or WC3 Viewer.
    Keep in mind as you open the categories and directories your going through the mpq and leaving a path so remember it. Remember to use \ not /