• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Skin Editing programs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Is it possible to edit skins with adobe photoshop 3 elements? Ulead is the only thing I know of that can work with the whole selection things. Can photoshop do that to? If anyone knows how to work with selections in photoshop I'd really apreciate it.

Ok, newbies! Adobe Photoshop Elements works great for skinning. Much better than theGimp. You save your files as .tga, and use the converter found in the tools here on this site to make it .blp. Also to extract skins from WarCraft, wich use .blp, you will need f.ex. wc3 viewer.

Remember you have to convert all .blp into .tga to edit, and back when finished. :wink:

Level 4
O.K, but that still presents the problem of selections. When I save an edited skin from Photoshop elements and put it on a model, it won't show team colors, it just shows the skin exactly the way it was before.

Level 4
I don't know what alpha exactly is, but if you've ever used Ulead Photo Impact, you've noticed that when a skin is opened, there are certain parts of it that are automatically selected. These are the parts that show up when it is placed on a model. Unselected areas either represent invisible spots or team color spots. I want to know if you can affect that stuff in Photoshop Elements.

Status
Not open for further replies.