1. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. We have recently started the 16th edition of the Mini Mapping Contest. The theme is mini RPG. Do check it out and have fun.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. Dismiss Notice
  5. The Highway to Hell has been laid open. Come along and participate in the 5th Special Effect Contest.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Skin Editing programs

Discussion in 'Texturing & Surfacing' started by Zogbar, Oct 24, 2005.

1. Zogbar

Zogbar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Is it possible to edit skins with adobe photoshop 3 elements? Ulead is the only thing I know of that can work with the whole selection things. Can photoshop do that to? If anyone knows how to work with selections in photoshop I'd really apreciate it.

2. Leopard

Leopard

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    I don't know about adobe photoshop 3 elements, but in photoshop CS, you can select some areas and all editing that you do will be applied on selected areas only.

3. Goliath the God

Goliath the God

Resources:
    Models:
    Skins:
    Resources:
    Ok, newbies! Adobe Photoshop Elements works great for skinning. Much better than theGimp. You save your files as .tga, and use the converter found in the tools here on this site to make it .blp. Also to extract skins from WarCraft, wich use .blp, you will need f.ex. wc3 viewer.

Remember you have to convert all .blp into .tga to edit, and back when finished. :wink:

4. Zogbar

Zogbar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    O.K, but that still presents the problem of selections. When I save an edited skin from Photoshop elements and put it on a model, it won't show team colors, it just shows the skin exactly the way it was before.

5. Leopard

Leopard

Resources:
    Icons:
    Skins:
    Maps:
    Tutorials:
    Resources:
    What do you mean by "selection problem" anyway? Is it an alpha problem?

6. Zogbar

Zogbar

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    I don't know what alpha exactly is, but if you've ever used Ulead Photo Impact, you've noticed that when a skin is opened, there are certain parts of it that are automatically selected. These are the parts that show up when it is placed on a model. Unselected areas either represent invisible spots or team color spots. I want to know if you can affect that stuff in Photoshop Elements.