• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Skill that requires a point

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hello all juz a simple question from me. i wanna create a skill called freezing field. What i've wanted is damage + mana lost from the Area of effect

So i give the skill blizzard to the main unit and the skill disenchant to a dummy unit. i tried the following simple triggers but the dummy unit doesnt cast
"disenchant" to the point target.

Any1 know how to fix this issue? thanks in advance.

Kusanagi Kuro

Hosted Project: SC
Level 10
I dont really get what u want. U want to deal damage equal to the mana lost of the target?
Also, ur trigger has 2 location leaks: 1 is Position of Mountain King 0003 <gen> and 1 is Target point of ability being cast. U should set them as an variable, then use the custom script: call RemoveLocation(udg_urVariablehere). Dont use Wait in that trigger. U should use Unit - Add Expiration time instead.

Level 12
you have to make sure the dummy have the Disenchant ability, else it won't work.
you also have to make sure that the dummy have enough time to cast the ability.

just like what hayaku1412 said, you're leaking 2 points. here is the right thing to do.

• Untitled Trigger 001
    • Events
      • Unit - Mountain King 003<gen> begins channeling an ability
    • Conditions
      • (Ability being cast) Equal to Freezing Field (Neutral Hostile)
    • Actions
      • Set tempPoint = (Position of (Triggering unit))
      • Set tempPoint2 = (Target point of ability being cast)
      • Unit - Create 1 Freezing Friend(Mana Lost) for (Owner of (Triggering unit)) at tempPoint facing Default building facing degrees
      • Order (Last created unit) to Orc Spirit Walker - Disenchant tempPoint2
      • Unit - Add a 3.00 seconds Generic expiration timer to (Last created unit)
      • Custom script : call RemoveLocation (udg_tempPoint)
      • Custom script : call RemoveLocation (udg_tempPoint2)
anyway, you don't need to take a picture of your triggers to show us that.

you just need to right click on the title of the trigger (in your case it's 'Untitled Trigger 001') and choose Copy as Text. then type [Trigger]Paste here[/Trigger] and you're set. :D

Level 4
i am sorry for my unclear explanation. Bascially it deal damage over time juz like blizzard and deduct mana instantly just like disenchant. i am having problem on my dummy unit as he dun really cast enchant on the target area selected.

@twoVenomous
Oh i didnt know about the copy and paste. thanks for your information and example given. will keep that in mind for the location thing. Because i wasnt aware what does the "Target point of ability being cast" have a leak during the start.

Lastly + rep to both, will test which i reach home. :)

Level 10
Just a little addition: make sure that you have set manacost of disenchant to 0 and removed techtree requirements (if any). Also, casting range of disenchant must be greater than the distance between points. Alternatively you could create the dummy unit at the target point.

Status
Not open for further replies.