• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Skeleton Warriors v1.9

Reactions: deepstrasz
Undead (Skeletons) decided to attack and takeover humans' island. You should play with Skeleton King and his army. You can increase your army with special items - books, which summons skeletons. Also Skeleton King can carry an orb, which gives him bonuses. At start him will be given training orb with small attack bonus. (You can't carry more than one type of book and orb).

>-Map features-<

- Custom inventory with special slot for book and special slot for orb(other four are for normal items)
- Secrets, which help to win humans
- Soul system (soul drops out from living unit; If you gather 35 souls you'll get prize!)

>-Current version changes-<
V1.9

- Inventory bugs fixed (but there may be bugs or game crashes with buying items)
- Added stronger creeps

Keywords:
Skeleton, Warriors, Campaign, Human, Undead, Inventory System,
Contents

Skeleton Warriors v1.9 (Map)

Reviews
16:29, 10th May 2008 Firelord213: [+]The map is yours. [+]The map is not protected so no need for any map protection information. [+]The map is in English. [+]No signs of any crashes or bugs. ------------------------------------ My own...
Level 3
Im sorry to say D.O.G. but when i start up warcraft 3 and look for the map i cannot see it. I even moved it into another folder and when i opened up warcraft 3 it was not there. I think the problem may be with the map protector you are using maybe try using another one or just don't use one at all. Anyway good luck with the problem!

Edit
: Hmm this is odd i tried renaming the map (right click and rename) i renamed it to 1234, and when i opened warcraft 3, it was there! Maybe its just a glitch with Blizzard....who knows. As for anyone else out there who downloads this, maybe try the same thing as me?

Last edited:
Level 3
Btw i like the map! The inventory system is actually pretty cool. The only problems i had with the map are, that it's very annoying trying to pick up items with the skeleton king, because the minions are always in the way, so i have to move them far away from the item to get to it (maybe decrease his pathing) and also, when i bought the orb of kings or whatever it's called (i forget) the map crashed. That to me is a serious bug, so i haven't even played the entire map yet, maybe about 1/4 of it. As far as i've played so far i give it maybe a 3/5. If you fix those things then maybe i'll give you a 4.5 or even a 5, if the maps good!

Last edited:
Level 18
Im sorry to say D.O.G. but when i start up warcraft 3 and look for the map i cannot see it. I even moved it into another folder and when i opened up warcraft 3 it was not there. I think the problem may be with the map protector you are using maybe try using another one or just don't use one at all. Anyway good luck with the problem!

Edit
: Hmm this is odd i tried renaming the map (right click and rename) i renamed it to 1234, and when i opened warcraft 3, it was there! Maybe its just a glitch with Blizzard....who knows. As for anyone else out there who downloads this, maybe try the same thing as me?

I think problem is in uncorrect name of map. It is too long maybe or contains not allowed symbols maybe.

Btw i like the map! The inventory system is actually pretty cool. The only problems i had with the map are, that it's very annoying trying to pick up items with the skeleton king, because the minions are always in the way, so i have to move them far away from the item to get to it (maybe decrease his pathing) and also, when i bought the orb of kings or whatever it's called (i forget) the map crashed. That to me is a serious bug, so i haven't even played the entire map yet, maybe about 1/4 of it. As far as i've played so far i give it maybe a 3/5. If you fix those things then maybe i'll give you a 4.5 or even a 5, if the maps good!

Thanks for positive comment! It was 100% truth that inventory system works without bugs, but I forgot to write that buying systems is unfinished and it may don't work. But why it crashes the game I don't know. Anyway, I'll look at triggers and think up something.

P.S. Be happy having first rep!!!:grin::wink:

EDIT: Map re-uploaded with other name.

Level 3
@fredamabob Well, most likely you already had WCIII running when putting the map in your folders. The map list won't update, then.

Nope i didn't have warcraft 3 running at the time, i even shut it off then reopened it several times to make sure. It worked after i renamed the map file's name, i don't know why, maybe because of what D.O.G said, that the name had invalid characters. Btw thanks for the rep :grin:

Level 2
this "crashing problem" appears with every item you want to buy...
but all in all nice map, its fun to watch your skeletons destroying the city and killing all those poor villagers...
4.5/5

Level 11
Played 1.6 version,
It was fun, but slow paced and lacking a bit of excitement. Whenever I got new units, they died quickly. There isn't that much to kill, and that you do get to kill is just hit it until it dies, or kite it while using your abilities. The abilities aren't really creative, I would try to do a bit of custom spells. I like the systems you made for the map, and it would work good on a big map or mabye even a campaign, but on a map this small it's a bit boring.