• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Site Rules

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 12
Darky28 said:
On the nav bar you have now a new entry called "Rules"
It contains a lot of the site rules you should know:
http://www.wc3sear.ch/rules.php

Its still in progress and not finished yet, but gives you a good impression how to behave here.
Please read the Rules to avoid being 1-week banned.

Greetings Darky28

Hi Darky, this is my theory about spell rules:
- The same rules as maps
- Object edited spells are accepted as long as they aren't just:
* A change in the spells' effects
* A change in the spells' icons
* A change in the spells' stats
* A change in the spells' name-description

- Trigger enhanced spells should have more than a call to a triggeraction.

Level 6
I think the rating rules should be:
1. Only rate things once you have downloaded them and looked them over.
2. No down-rating things if it is just because you don't like the creator's avartar or something else stupid liek that.
3. No down-rating something in a contest just to make it look bad.

I hope you think about these darky! :D

Level 2
Rules are a great improvement
Darky28 add this to the tutorial section it has helped me a lot and should help a lot others :wink:

http://www20.brinkster.com/magos818/

:arrow: Go to the Warcraft 3 section and WorldEdit Tips

Also add a link to Wc3campaign's tutorial sections... they have good tutorials. But they are forum format. Pretty good feature though because it allows for easy ideas to be presented and added to the tutorials. :wink:

Level 2
Perfect, now the site will become much better with these rules around.

Can I ask that you apply a new rule for the map section please? which is:

*No none-english maps! It seems that a lot of non-english maps are starting to fill up in the map section. If anyone doesn't know english then let someone at least translate it for him/her in english.Hope something is done about this.

Level 12
Andyx said:
Perfect, now the site will become much better with these rules around.

Can I ask that you apply a new rule for the map section please? which is:

*No none-english maps! It seems that a lot of non-english maps are starting to fill up in the map section. If anyone doesn't know english then let someone at least translate it for him/her in english.Hope something is done about this.

That might not be a good idea. There are international players who go with a certain language. It's not anyone's fault perhaps. Yes, I wish they were so that way we all can play them.

Level 13
Andyx said:

Map-makers can create a map in any language they want, why not? With the same reason I could ask for a german or else translation, it's up to the map-maker if he wanna do this. You don't have to download non-english maps, though :wink:

Level 12
Switch33 said:
Rules are a great improvement
Darky28 add this to the tutorial section it has helped me a lot and should help a lot others :wink:

http://www20.brinkster.com/magos818/

:arrow: Go to the Warcraft 3 section and WorldEdit Tips

Also add a link to Wc3campaign's tutorial sections... they have good tutorials. But they are forum format. Pretty good feature though because it allows for easy ideas to be presented and added to the tutorials. :wink:

I telling Darky to steal magos' tutorials?

Level 25
Guess I'll just post what I think should be the models rules. I'm pretty sure RightField will agree with them

1. No posting of stolen models (Any of Cookie/Xaren/RCX's stuff, anything someone else has made, any model-skins with someone else's skin without credits/permission)

2. No models that don't work ingame: Whats the use of it if it only crashes the game?

3. More buildings, Mecheon likes building models, he has enough units to make several large armies already <_<

... I like the last one <_<

Status
Not open for further replies.