• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

New Ban/Warn system soon: Demerit Point List

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
Damn i better be a good boy then. But shouldn'te 3 warnings then go to ban for 1 week then ban 1 month? And after 3 months of being banned you are gone for good. Just a sugggestion.

Level 9
maybe this system isnt that good, this gives too much "chances" for the rulebreakers

Level 13
The new rules section will explain it all. This new system better work very well, I've been working on it for months.

@VG: You should know that...

@N00byStance: All users get to start over. This is a fresh clean slate.

@DD_Draco: It doesn't work quite like that. Once the the new rules section is up you'll see how it works.

Level 5
-This new system looks very promising. Can't wait to see how this works.
-(Incoming joke in celebration of the load of new stuff added to the site) *Reads swift kick in the butt sign and searches wc3sear.ch wallet for a wc3sear.ch dollar. Note: Each form of the wc3sear.ch dollar has a picture of a moderator on it. $1= Afroknight, $5= Mecheon, $10= Daelin, $20= Vexorian, $50= oz02, $100= VG, $1000= Darky.*
-When does it get released?

Level 9
@oz02: i quite get it but what my thought was that if you had a database (maybe excel or access or something like that) to keep records for example:
<username><warnings><weekly bans><monthly bans>

and maybe use an if then else statement:
if <monthly bans>=3, Delete <username>, ""

I belive that this can be done in excel, im not sure of the exact IF, THEN, ELSE.

Level 7
oz02: This is great news. When will the new rules be up?

And the thing someone posted with it will be a new start, do this mean that people like RightField, wormy and hippo can come back, or just that warns/1 week bans are cancelled?

Level 13
DD_Draco: You are assuming some things on how the system works. Just read it once its up and you'll understand the system.

@Blade.dk2: As soon as the list is finished, which hopefully means sometime this weekend.
No, permanently banned users can not come back. All other users will have a fresh start.

Level 6
Lets hit the high score!... Not. :p

Seems like a nice system, back in the ol' Dungeonsiege days we got a system like this, worked very good, though the problem there was that the biggest flamer was the most respected member... But not here thankfully. :D

Level 9
ok ok ill be good and wait, but i would take it that the "You are assuming some things on how the system works." part means im coming close to what you are doing.

Level 3
Well At Least This Helps

Well i like the whole new system. kinda reminds me of the school that i'm at. except without the "be a good boy and you get a chance" i like this, gives ppl the chance to think of what they done. might make them learn a lesson.

Level 9
Im sure you will be fine. There shouldnt be anything wrong as long as you dont do anything stupid.

Level 7
Then it will come at Christmas if we're lucky, maybe first at easter, well, we never know about Darky, he's so... tricky/freaking inactive.

Status
Not open for further replies.