• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Siphon Mana Visual Effect on Channel

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
I'm trying to figure out if it's possible to make channel have the same visual effect as Siphon Mana. I've tried putting "Art - Lightning Effects" the same as Siphon Mana and by changing the Art Duration. The lightning effect didn't spawn.

Anyone got any idea what I could do? I want to have the Lightning follow the target, same way Siphon Mana does.

Level 3
would you mind posting your test map, or at the very least triggers?

Take in mind, this is integrated to work with my spell system which functions kind of like a database, but that's just the event part. You could remove the for loop in the event trigger, just put a simple condition that checks if it's the ability you want and apply the required stuff.

Attachments

• Screenshot_157.png
    Screenshot_157.png
    9.6 KB · Views: 35
  • Screenshot_158.png
    Screenshot_158.png
    23.7 KB · Views: 27
  • Screenshot_159.png
    Screenshot_159.png
    44.4 KB · Views: 26
  • Screenshot_160.png
    Screenshot_160.png
    16.9 KB · Views: 27
Level 24
Excellent!
I love seeing the results of a solution to triggers, as I can always learn something new.
(And as UreDe4D intended I'm sure someone in 5 years will thank you for posting the full solution instead of "found the problem, pm me if you want the fix". - LAST ONLINE 2002 AUGUST 4TH)

Status
Not open for further replies.