• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Singing and Playing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Well i have a small problem... I started learning to play guitar... Its easy to sing if the melody is same but for sample in the song "Come as you are" from Nirvana , when i play and start sing i lose the melody and if i try go back and play it right i forget to sing...

Is there a trick how to learn both at same time ?

The hard thing about that is that your trying to do two rhythms at once, and thus you begun to focus on one more then the other and the other begins to follow the one your focusing on.

My guess is to work on fixing this, you should work on being able to separate 2 rhythms at once. As to how to do this, I'm not sure (I haven't exactly conquered this problem either).

Level 7
The hard thing about that is that your trying to do two rhythms at once, and thus you begun to focus on one more then the other and the other begins to follow the one your focusing on.

My guess is to work on fixing this, you should work on being able to separate 2 rhythms at once. As to how to do this, I'm not sure (I haven't exactly conquered this problem either).

Well i was searching too at Yahoo Answers , here the best answer , its kinda the same but im not sure if it would help :
http://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...AVnbgzQjzKIX;_ylv=3?qid=20100204102410AAaZ4ef

I'm pretty sure this isn't exactly the same thing, but I get the same problem when trying to sing and play piano. I find the best way to get around it - like the others said - is to learn them both seperatly then connect them.

I always use timing to connect left hand and right hand on piano, if I then try to sing as well then I get a huge problem, as I find as you cannot use timings for it, really you need to use note connections, so if you know what the sung note is, find a note in the instruments cords/sheet music/etc. which matches and use it to connect the two, after you make the connection I always find it easier to do it with minimal screwups

Level 12
Practice playing it so your hands memorize it and your able to replay only that in your head, then move on to the lyrics.

But if you really want a real good trick to learn them both and get timing down, play it and listen to the acual song. I do this to memorize songs that I play in my school band. For example, we play Freebird, and when we get into the solo, I don't even need to look at the page to know when I have to play my shots, I just feel it.

If nothing works, try and find your own way and use it. Everyone is diffrent musicly, and you'll never have 2 identical musicians.

Status
Not open for further replies.