• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Singe player/solo play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
Hi there, I've been a warhammer td fan ever since version 3.26. lol.

I really like warhammer TD for various reasons (when compared to other TD's) It is fair where each player will have a fair share of creeps to kill (no ks situation), each race has it's strenghts and weakness, banking system (which is unique), its not laggy, so far i've not seen any bugs and the list can go on. It is probably one of the best TD maps there is today. :wink: So good job and keep up the great work.

My question however is that has anyone managed to complete warkhammer td 5.05 by playing alone/solo mode?

I find it very difficult to do so. So far i've only tried and experiment on the top 5 races from the list given. At level 24, thats the level where 2 hydra will spawn out and most of the time, i would fail to kill them.

Even when i am playing with my friends, 3 of us, we all die at lvl 24. On public games, (most of the time) it is a struggle to survive till 24 because there are gamers who are playing this td for the first time.. lol!

I've never managed to complete this td at all :cry: and i find the guide, lacking depth or may be outdated. That's just my opinion sorry.
I mean, me and my friends are TD lovers. We test and try out all sort of TD's. So the general idea is there: maze, slow and damage which is covered in the guide as well. All said and done, applied and used different maze pattern, me and my 3 friends still fail to survive lvl 24 lol :p

I am just looking for some tips/guide in terms of solo play. I appreciate any replies. Thank you..or maybe a replay too! :p

Level 6
Use the banking system to your advantage; that is, try to have all of your gold deposited when there is one enemy on the map. Using autobanking on the boss levels is good on solo because the gold gained (50 from the level 16's 500) is more than the 20 gold fee. Try not to build any more than you need to so you can earn interest to build more powerful towers before boss levels. The ones with single-target spells and small splash are usually the best. Also, towers that can slow enemies are very important.

Combos I like:

Termagants and hive tyrant for slow poison and fast single-unit attack.

A couple of flayed ones and C-tan Stargod for slow poison and gaze of death. Monoliths use up the extra gold before level 24 and provide the damage needed to support the gaze of death.

Level 1
hmm i tried a public game with it and surpringly all of us managed to survive after lvl 24 and yes i managed to kill off those 2 hydras lol.

I am using the dark eldar's race. i find it much easier to play (race with poison ability) but still, we fail to survive till lvl 40 lol.

I managed to kill those hydra because i had financial advantage. I was killing creeps which were "leaked" from the other side and i had extra cash to build up additional towers.

v3ck, yes the -ab system is really helpfull. It Eases your gameplay but i am still not comfortable with it. The idea of losing -20 gold per level seems quite a lot? i mean losing -20 is little - true but if it was for 15 levels, you'd be losing 300 gold but you can recover with the money from killing the creeps.
I am not too sure but i'd rather -da and -wa manually to maximize my earnings?
Maybe i am doing something wrong?

Level 5
My guides can get you past level 24 if you are playing in teams, because each person can get them to half health so that means you get the ones that spawned in your lane to half health and you kill or almost kill the bosses that came from the guy on your let, or if you're grey, you get the leftovers.

If you're playing solo, you're out of luck htough, only a few races can get past level 24 by themselves.

EDIT: Tell me with what races you're trying to do this and I can tell you the best method =D

Level 1
lol, yeah thats what i notice. (about the guide - its all about team play)

After spending a whole day testing out each race, i personally still perfer Dark Eldar. They are capable for solo play. Next best option whould be choas-poison.

Level 6
v3ck, yes the -ab system is really helpfull. It Eases your gameplay but i am still not comfortable with it. The idea of losing -20 gold per level seems quite a lot? i mean losing -20 is little - true but if it was for 15 levels, you'd be losing 300 gold but you can recover with the money from killing the creeps.
I am not too sure but i'd rather -da and -wa manually to maximize my earnings?
Maybe i am doing something wrong?

What I meant was use -ab on only the bosses and only if you're going to kill the last one. The boss that gives the least amount of gold gives 500. With -da, you will not deposit this 500 gold on time to earn 50 from interest. With -ab, however, you will earn that 50 gold, which means you gain 30. It's not that much of a bonus at that stage of the game, but it's something. You can then turn -ab off for the normal levels.

Level 5
in multiplayer i always play with 2 spawns(when i or a friend of mine is host)i would say strt with dark eldar and later buy necron as second race. i often won 5.01 but i never played 5.05 (but 5.02 5.03 and 5.04) so 5.02 and 5.03 were buggie(and only i and rasmus had it :wink: ) and i think the only diffrece between 5.04 and 5.05 is the chatsystem.in 5.04 i noticed that warhydras have 50000(!) too much live so if u get both to half hp you would have killed em(if rasmus wouldnt have done that little mistake). the necron race i take because of the c'tans. they are the best unit in game and real anti boss maschines :D btw the game only has 33 levels :wink: and in level 33 when the (nearly impossible) buringcows have gone through my maze in usually sell my complete maze and buy lives. (but i always played multiplayer and normal when i won)

so i hope i could help u a little bit

Yours
Robi

Level 1
Tested Races

i tested out each race doing an extremely similar maze pattern and got these results: (played solo)

Race: Lasted to level:
-Tyranid.......... lvl 24
-weak vs fortified armour

-Dark Eldar.......... lvl 31
-lots of slowing/web attacks

-Necron.......... lvl 24
-strong vs fortified

-Orc.......... lvl 16
-V.Strong vs air

-Eldar.......... lvl 17
-weak at start

-Tau.......... lvl 19
-lag with many towers

-Space Marines (needs retest).......... lvl 15
-wide variety of damage types

-Imperial Gaurd.......... lvl 14
-slow start

-CHAOS
-Khorne.......... lvl 20
-weak vs fortified

-Nurgle.......... lvl 24
-great attack effects (eg. slow poison, disease cloud)

-Slaanesh.......... lvl 16
-reduces armour
-weak vs fortified

-Tzeentch.......... lvl 17
-freeze attack
-weak vs fortified

Level 1
Really that Hard?

using tyranids and with about 2 random spawners and a random grey player i managed to reach lvl 30 and heres my tactic: dont use gaunts any later than first or second round, instead stock up on raveners, once you have 1 or 2 lines of these made start enhancing them and adding a genestealer everey round or 2, with enchanced raveners super fast attack and quickstrike ability combined with ensnare and genestealers anti mech abilities they can take down anything that isnt a boss which brings me to my next point:
forget super units and forget necrons ect because you can handle nearly everything with your units already, bosses are your only trouble and for this reason alone i suggest you take space marines with your lumber and use the emporers champion challenge ability (i try to get at the very least 4 of these bad boys) far from a complete guide but worth a try

Level 5
take dark eldar instead of space marine: emperor champion has same abbility as talos but has much higher costs. only if u need the emperor champions for damaging the creeps u should take them if only for bosses i think u should take talos.

Yours
Robi

Level 3
i think some races need to be buffed a little in the beginning. DE is very strong in the beginning with poison, as IG and eldar both have weak beginnings which require upgrading which takes a couple levels.

Level 6
I disagree. You can't change the things that make the races unique. The various weaknesses of the races contribute to the entertainment value.

Level 2
Not realy, no race has a low level weakness, I found a way for each race to get all creeps which do spawn on youre lane with every race.
You just to find which tower combination is the one you need and give youre towers the targets manualy.
I early levels it might happen most of towers do shot on one unit which is already on 2%health.

I found a way for ver 3.18-3.50, but the player guides on this site arent made for the new versions either.

Level 3
v3ck said:
I disagree. You can't change the things that make the races unique. The various weaknesses of the races contribute to the entertainment value.
i agree to entertainment, but whats the point of not balancing the races. i mean eventually everyone will figureout that, play the race you play in tabletop for fun and lose or play the best race and win

Level 6
Yes, the races need their net strength to be balanced. However, the individual aspects need to vary somewhat to make it interesting. It's okay if some races are a little weak early on, provided they become strong enough in the long run.

Vincent, set it to impossible and test them again. Of course all races can kill all of the 20-health flagellants on easy. On impossible, I think I got Necron and Tyranid to kill all the 160-health flagellants (it was a month or two ago). They are therefore strong starting races. However, Tyranids suck against mechanicals and Necrons aren't that strong against bosses, even with gaze of death.

Level 2
Well tyranids are quite heavy against early mechanics.
Genestealers do a lot of dmg and the late lvl towers have choas dmg so I don t know why you say they are weak.

Annyways, playing on impossible is something mabe 3% of all do.
Most people are happy when they get through at normal.
I have seen people loose at blonde, and most players would play theire games on blonde if they still would have the ability to do so.

And as you said on low levels it aint realy hard to get each creep with every race when you play on normal.
So mabe disbalance the races sommehow to get pro and noob races on easy games ?

Just a thought.

Level 2
Vincent_27 said:
... on blonde if they still would have the ability to do so. ...
Did you ever realy read anny of my posts ?
I think you just fly over them, thats the reason why there are so many mistakes between us.

broodlinger

B

broodlinger

I thought all versions of Warhammer TD were solo? I have never played a game of Warhammer TD where my teammates survived the server split. You should consider making an 8- or 9-player version of Warhammer TD, I am tired of playing alone.

Level 5
Broodlinger i have often played the td with 7 people and why do u think that there are 8 spawnpoints?if i understood sth false i m sorry.

btw rasmus ur new version of the td is named WH40kTD_5[1].05.1 (filename) thought it should be 5.06?

yours
Robi

Level 3
yah because bosses cause all these problems, why just remove them? just send like more units then normal with like hero armor.

Level 2
Could there be some remaining scripts from the don t click on bosses script ?

(I loved that version with boss protection where all people had the camera fixed on sheeps in the map corner, you could avoit it and split the server by pushing alt c so youre view wasn t fixed on the sheep and simply click the boss)

In anny way I don t get why people weren t allowed to click on bosses and tell all units to firer on one boss instead of spliting firer between both and never getting one.

I would leave the bosses, they are important for gray to get gold,
most of the times I get about 8 kills till lvl 15.
The bosses are the only reason why I get gold to build up,
If you make ölike 8 hard units people will kill most and there won t be many reason for gray player to exist. cause for only 300 gold in on round people don t stay.

Level 1
I don't know, but I think most of the game is fine. The whole game is about teamwork. I've included a replay on how it is possible to complete the game alone on NORMAL. Although I think most of you have done it already.

Race: Chaos (RED; can't remember the name), later DE and Necron
Position: Grey
Leaks? A few during the air round, Gyrocopters and Wyverns I think.

Attachments

• warhammer_td_solo_chaos_143.w3g
    199.4 KB · Views: 199
Level 5
here is a real complete on normal as red and with i think 4leaks because i builded my maze false xD (races:first dark eldar then necron and ig)

Yours
Robi

P.S: this is the first time i used that maze type. i everytime avoided it because of the old movingsystem where the creeps didnt go through my maze when it was too long.

Attachments

• win_506_beta_normal_203.w3g
    252.1 KB · Views: 233
Level 1
sorry im a newbie here

i just want to know what the highest level in the warhammer td game..
i played it several times but when i got level 34..no enemy came out..
i played tyranids..level normal..hope u all can help me..

Level 1
final level..?

naruhodo..level 34 is the final level..hmm..thanx robi..(i think ur english is better than me.."i m only 14 and a german^^ "

Status
Not open for further replies.