• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Sinful searching for WoW Ripper

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 10
Hi, I am currently working on this project http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/map-development-202/teop-cenarius-return-276321/ and I know wow models arent Hive's favourite, but because they are capable of so many animations and actually look good I want at least all my humanoids to be WoW Models and maybe you are or you know a good model ripper then please contact me. I would treat you as a partner and not as some kind of "employee", you can bring in all your ideas for the project and I hope for a symbiotic kind of work. I would give you equal credits and make it our project because I just want to make this project real. I am really reliable and have already finished a big and ambitious project before http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/maps-564/teop-sechiron-rises-259591/?prev=extension=w3n .

Level 10
You may know about this already, but you could look here you may find a few you are wanting already done.

Yeah for my lst project I've worked together with Daerone but he seems to not be willing to work with me together anymore :D whyever, probably no time. I am also trying to rip these models myself but it hasnt worked yet probably because of the Warlords of Draenor Models arent that easy to convert.

WoW models don't look good from birdseye perspective (because they haven't been optimized for that purpose) and clash horribly with the normal WC3 units. This is why the Hive doesn't like WoW models.

But I see you use a 3rd person cam anyway, so that shouldn't be a big deal other than the huge filesize of the models.

Level 10
WoW models don't look good from birdseye perspective (because they haven't been optimized for that purpose) and clash horribly with the normal WC3 units. This is why the Hive doesn't like WoW models.

But I see you use a 3rd person cam anyway, so that shouldn't be a big deal other than the huge filesize of the models.

I have now found out how to rip all these models myself and exactly these models look dump from birdeye. I have even found a way to compress all these models so the filesize isnt that big deal anymore :D

Status
Not open for further replies.