• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Simple Volley Spell Request

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 11
Hi, I need a simple Volley spell. Cast at a targeted point, fires away arrows, all enemies in the area takes (Agility x5) damage. Thats it :)

Thanks for any help, +rep ofc :)

Level 11
bump. Please anyone, this is my last hero spell for my new campaign, but I dont know how to make it deal damage when the arrows land and not when they are fired :/ would mean alot if someone could make it, or help me make sense from one of the spell sections similar spells, cause I cant figure it out.

Level 11
Here is a picture of what comes up when I copy it over. I followed instructions & I have all the variables there I checked, except that ParabolaZ thingy, but the original map doesnt have it either. I checked arrays on each variable aswell and they are the same as in the original map aswell.

Attachments

• Trigger Error.jpg
    Trigger Error.jpg
    413.5 KB · Views: 118
You could try to make an ability based on Cluster Rockets and make this trigger

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Starts the effect of an ability
  • Conditions
    • (Ability being cast) equal to Multi Shot
  • Actions
    • Unit - Cause (Triggering Unit) to damage circular area after 0.00 seconds of radius 200 at (Target point of ability being cast) dealing ((Real(Agility of (Triggering Unit) (Include bonuses)))) x 5.00) damage of attack type Spells and damage type Normal

Level 11
But then its the time issue :/ if you use it at close range damage comes after spell effect if using a wait time which fits a long range cast. And if cast at long range with a wait time fitting a close range will damage the units before the arrows have even got there. Using wait gives a timing issue so cant use that :(

But thanks anyway for the tip

Level 11
oh, ok, cool im gonna try it, thx m8 :D

though Im not sure which spell to use to make the arrows fly from the caster to the targeted point :/

Level 7
u use trigger or Jass?
set T= target point of cast
set Angle=From caster to T
set CAST=Caster
create a dummy unit = arrow
2nd trigger each 0.04 sec move it from cast toward T
and pick evry unit around the ARROW and add do(condition unit in group = damaged unit)if then !nothing! else dmg it for 5x agi
and(add to group(damaged units)
when the arrows reches the MAX RANGE
destroj the unit group for leak

Level 11
Cluster Rockets. Change Missile Art and Missile Arc and set damage to 0. You could also change the buff, or set the Duration to 0.

That didnt work, it dealt damage when the arrows was casted, so the enemies takes damage before the arrows has reached them. Also the stun makes the spell unusable aswell, since even if duration is reduced to 0.01 since 0 is infinite, it will still be a mini stun which interrupts casts, and that is not an effect Im after with this spell :/

---

u use trigger or Jass?
set T= target point of cast
set Angle=From caster to T
set CAST=Caster
create a dummy unit = arrow
2nd trigger each 0.04 sec move it from cast toward T
and pick evry unit around the ARROW and add do(condition unit in group = damaged unit)if then !nothing! else dmg it for 5x agi
and(add to group(damaged units)
when the arrows reches the MAX RANGE
destroj the unit group for leak

I use GUI :)
>2nd trigger each 0.04 sec move it from cast toward T< This one I dont know how to do. Is it just normal "Order Unit to Move to T" or some other trigger?

The other things I can probably figure out. But I dont see how this works as a volley though :/ Should be caster shoots out X number of arrows towards a target point, when they reach the point they deal 5x Agility to all enemies standing there.

Status
Not open for further replies.