• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Simple Serpent Ward Missile Edit

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 9
I need a team colored version of this if that's possible. Is it? I tried to figure out but it couldn't just be recolored through editing nodes/geoset anims and I'm not the most knowledgeable.

If it's doable I'll obviously rep anyone who helps me. Thanks <3

Attachments

• SerpentWardMissile.mdx
    8.4 KB · Views: 57

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

This one is fully TC, means everything is teamcolored.

Last edited by a moderator:

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Hm, I am not sure, since it is not mesh, but particle-based.
This is what is possible, replacing the zaps with glows.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

Hm, what did you do exactly ?
I have one point in mind, does this one crashes, too ?

Level 9
Yes that crashes too.

What I did was enter node manager, and replaced the textures on the particles with the one you added (the ID 2) and changed the ID to 2 down below. I luckily already read how to do that recently.

Edit: Upon opening the ones you sent me in magos, the TC2 you sent me is pretty much what I did. The texture is white squares on TC2b, however.

Ardenian

A

Ardenian

I thought that was what is causing the problem.
No idea then, but General Frank whispered me over mysterious ways that it is possible to add TC to particles,
so there should be a way to make them work appropriately.
I am going to ask him, but if you need that very fast, you could contact him, too.

N41

N41

Level 7
Here Done !!!
Has TC particle emitters.
Ardenian, Sorry once again if you were doing this...

attachment.php

-----

Edit:
That's it! Thank you :D

One more nit-picky thing if you're bored and feeling up to it - in game the light and glow of the missile seems to "reset" or pulse after a few seconds is there a way to remove that? It is an issue because I am using this for a sphere, not as a missile.

Edit: Here's what I am talking about:

txA3nEc.gif
Remove what the light or the "pulsing" effect?

-----

Edit:
Well the pulsing light definitely.

Also for some reason if you look closely the "snake" also gets brighter and then reverts back to less bright again. Can you make it stay at the brighter spot? :D I hope I'm making sense.
Hope this is what you want: :fp: SerpentWardMissile_E3.mdx

Attachments

• scrscr.jpg
    scrscr.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 110
  • SerpentWardMissile_E2.mdx
    10 KB · Views: 55
Last edited:
Level 9
That's it! Thank you :D

One more nit-picky thing if you're bored and feeling up to it - in game the light and glow of the missile seems to "reset" or pulse after a few seconds is there a way to remove that? It is an issue because I am using this for a sphere, not as a missile.

Edit: Here's what I am talking about:

txA3nEc.gif

Last edited:
Level 9
Well the pulsing light definitely.

Also for some reason if you look closely the "snake" also gets brighter and then reverts back to less bright again. Can you make it stay at the brighter spot? :D I hope I'm making sense.

Thanks, that's perfect :) it is nice to see a lot of people willing to help fellow modders around here. <3333

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.