• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Simple model edit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I will like to make another simple model request, but this time it is with editing a model.
I would like this model(grass model) to be simply edited so that you can look over it without it disappearing from the screen. I have other models with the same trouble but not as bad or annoying and would at least like this one edited.
If you are interested in what I am using it for, I am using it for Zanars and my entry for the paired mapping contest and would like done before the dead line for the contest (15 January).
Link to the model.

I have the model but we need some kind of permission from the author to edit it before I can have the edited version uploaded here.
EDIT
If you have no time to ask for a permission, maybe I can just create a model similar to that one. I will have a WIP here on how I created the model.

attachment.php

attachment.php

You may rescale it in WE. Just PM me if there are still problems about the model.

Attachments

• DeathChefGrass.mdx
    2.6 KB · Views: 64
  • WIPGrass1.jpg
    WIPGrass1.jpg
    97.8 KB · Views: 159
  • WIPGrass2.jpg
    WIPGrass2.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 157
Last edited:
Level 17
Try this, open the model in Magos', then Edit -> Calculate Extents, it works most of the time. If it isn't enough then you'll have some little mdl editing to do.

And Eubz, come on, no model maker would get mad at someone for fixing a bug on his models. :)

If you have no time to ask for a permission, maybe I can just create a model similar to that one. I will have a WIP here on how I created the model.
And Eubz, come on, no model maker would get mad at someone for fixing a bug on his models. :)
I haven't found any evidence that the creator of the model link that I posted cared about the model being edited, but only have a note of it being redistributed so I though thst it didn't really matter anyway.
I may send him a message to see for permission sometime anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.