• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Simple IDLE Icon

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
For my map i need to replace the normal "idle peasants/peons/etc" icon with a completely black icon that has the word IDLE in yellow.

That's it.

A black square with the yellow word IDLE on it. Someone made this for me a long time ago (and i would upload it if i could, but i'm having problems exporting it from the game) and it was perfect, except that when you open the menu all of the clickable buttons fade away (go into WC3 and watch a unit's attack/stop/patrol buttons when you open the menu- they have a faded version of the original icon!) the file he gave me had no faded version though, so when you open the menu the IDLE icon becomes a bright green square!

This seems very unprofessional to me and i would greatly appreciate it if someone could make me an icon that would work.

I don't want anything fancy though. No fancy text. All caps (IDLE). Yellow text. The rest black. Just make sure that it has a secondary icon for when the game fades it away (it can be the same as the normal icon).

Thank you for your time

Level 10
The faded icon is called a disbtn (disabled button) just for your information and future requests. Pretty much every standard icon needs one to work ingame or else u get the green square.

I'll make it.... just need to check do you want the icon completely black or do you still want the standard WC3 border around it?

EDIT - meh, did it anyways lol.... how stupid does the word 'idle' look if you stare at it long enough. Stupid. ;O

View attachment 36890

View attachment 36891

View attachment 36893

Last edited:
Level 4
EDIT: I'm a fool! Thanks so much for the icon! I looked up a tutorial on how to import icons because i was having some other problems with unit icons... but i know how to work it now! (doh!)

So thank you thank you! :)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.