• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Simple, Functional Hill Home

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
I did this for a map. Just decided to post it here to get some opinions.

Terrain_Example_00a.jpg

Level 6
I like it, the grass on the hills look great. Although I sudgest using the ashenvale grassy dirt tile instead of village grass as it merges better with the other tiles and probably merges better with the shrubbery as well :smile:
Keep it up :smile:

Ty.Ty. I'll try your edits when I get the chance.

Level 34
More, and smoother tile variation would do a lot for this terrain. Make nice transitions between tiles. If your stuck for tile space since it's a playable map, well.. dang.

Level 7
Alright, the terrain looks okay, but the tile and grass spam on the right side bother me a little, try to make some nice transitions between tiles.

Also, the light rays you used aren't really fancy. Try to use this tutorial to create your own lighting:

http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/general-mapping-tutorials-278/terrain-advanced-lighting-53574/

The angle also could use some more work, the house is the center of te terrain, yet you only show a part of it and it's weirdly cut off by the upper edge of the screen.

Level 13
The angle you chose to make the screenshot is kinda.. bad. And I agree, more tile variations.

Other than that, it looks okay. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.