• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Silent Grove

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 6
The Silent Grove ORPG
The music will get you to the mood

Welcome and i would like to introduce to this idea I've thinking about.

Storyline/BackGround: The world of the Silent Grove is based on a 'low fantasy' (no higher magic included) setting in the world of Oracre, the journey of the hero begins in the small peaceful village of Corhaven. The World of Oracre is full of green meadows and luscious lands. However, the people of Merri Hills and other villages have been talking about these Phantom-like images or moving dark objects that had no physical reality. Something is not right in the ever-peaceful world. The game is an ORPG game, so players wont get dragged onto some main storyline.

Main ideas: First of all, there's no mana at all, instead of mana, there is Morale. Morale is needed on skills, so it acts like mana, but;
1. All enemies have 'feedback'-skill so that when your hero gets attacked from multiple enemies, your hero starts turning desperate, loosing hes morale, unable to complete the heroic acts.
2. There are no 'pots' for morale, morale regenerates quite fast after battle. If your hero needs a 'Morale-boost' in battle, there is a class for that, a leader class which would be called 'Banner' or something, a vital party-class that can boost other characters with 'Morale-boost' skill and auras.

So now you might think that it will be extremely hard for hero to do any skills in battle, since the enemies drain the morale. First of all, the morale drains quite slow, it really starts bugging you off when your surrounded by enemies, like it should. Second of all, each class have at least 1 or 2 'root' skills, which require no morale, but are rather less powerful.

Of course this system would require a lot of balancing and testing.

We would want the skill-system as unique as possible, in order to maximize the repeatability of the game, so instead of acquiring a new skill on after a level-up, the player gets a choice of about 2-4 skills, similar skills, but not the same.

The job-system would have 'sub-classes' to maximize the uniqueness of players. (Kind of like on Twilight's Eve, but the first 'tier' between the two to choose from would come on 2nd job.)

Of course, unique artifacts, PvP-action (arenas), and the world of Oracre to explore.

So how does it sound to you?

We need Terrainers and triggerers badly!

Last edited:
Level 8
It sounds quite good. I always imagined a rpg likes this, but have not the "creative finger" to make one. So i'm forced to wait for someone, i could help ;)
I don't know whther you recruit or not, but i apply for the storywriter post. And i would be grateful, if you take me.
Just PM me and i will give you my adress.

Level 6
It sounds quite good. I always imagined a rpg likes this, but have not the "creative finger" to make one. So i'm forced to wait for someone, i could help ;)
I don't know whther you recruit or not, but i apply for the storywriter post. And i would be grateful, if you take me.
Just PM me and i will give you my adress.

Welcome abroad! So you wish to be a storywriter/idealist?
Ill put your name on the list as soon as you answer.

Level 8
I'm in. Now i only need some more information. Then i need the members of the team and how the story is in rough (maybe more detailed version out of the main one above). Perhaps you have created your own little story for the map. But i'm definitivly in the team. I need some motivation and training for other maps (i'm writing my story).

Status
Not open for further replies.