• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Attitude System Feature

Status
Not open for further replies.

Winimasker

W

Winimasker

Attitude System Feature :ogre_haosis:

How about adding one more position and current attitude/moral status/ethics status in every users' personal profile?

New position: Attitude/moral/ethics moderator. (maybe all moderators and admins can also do it.)

Job: To assign the written words to current attitude/moral status/ethics status of the user in the user's profile. By default, the attitude/moral status/ethics status shows "Good as usual.".

Qualifications: Having studying ethics and moral and is very awesome in terms of ethics and moral.
- - - - - - -
I know that the reputation system already shows how your attitude/moral status/ethics status is but I would like to know my current attitude/moral status/ethics status thus correct that.

I still don't know whether I'm good currently in terms of attitude/moral/ethics.
- - - - - - -
It would be great if there are a list of moderators' posted current attitude/moral status/ethics status and a list of users' posted current attitude/moral status/ethics status on your profile page.

How does I behave every day? This is the question I always ask to myself. This suggested system might be good in reminding users of their current behaviour/attitude/moral status/ethics status hence correct that.

What is your attitude now? :)

Something known as User Notes exists that does exactly that(more or less).
As in having notes like: This user is friendly or This is a troublesome user etc.

The downside is that only moderators can add and see those.

Reputation is mostly used as a usefulness/helping meter tool.
Obviously it has its flaws since regularly it becomes an e-penis stuff.

What you propose adding is pretty similar to the negative and positive rating points that XenForo has inbuilt(Diplomunion for example).

Winimasker

W

Winimasker

Heinvers said:
As in having notes like: This user is friendly or This is a troublesome user etc.

The downside is that only moderators can add and see those.

! :O I never notice that! Where is it? I never see it. :|

Level 32
We shouldn't have to put physical labels on people to know how they act. In real life, we don't have it that extreme. You usually can't tell a personality or mood just by looking at the person for a few seconds and that's perfectly fine. To have moderators regulate this is beyond ridiculous as it'll waste their time and it'll cause so much more drama.

99% of users would probably not care or not want this feature. It's just redundant and can cause unnecessary drama more than any rating / status system I've seen on a forum.

Level 21
99% of users would probably not care or not want this feature. It's just redundant and can cause unnecessary drama more than any rating / status system I've seen on a forum
This

Level 21
! :O I never notice that! Where is it? I never see it. :|

In fact, I was surprised when I discovered that user notes existed when I was promoted to a mod. However, they are mostly used to notify name changes (like in your case, I dropped a user note about your name change). Only mods can see them of course.
As for the attitude system, I don't think we need that (reason above)

Level 34
I'm not sure I understand what you mean. Moderators would label people with an adjective related to their conduct on the site? Or would people set this themselves?

Where do morals and ethics come into play?

What is my current attitude? Towards what? Just in general? My attitude is a little bit less joyful than I would like, but I'm content now that I'm out of the rain.

Site note: Name changes are awful and confusing (in that order). There should be notes for users too.

fladdermasken

Off-Topic Moderator
Level 39
StoPCampinGn00b pretty much has it right. If you want to know who to talk to and who not to talk to, you'll have to figure it out by yourself.

Something known as User Notes exists that does exactly that(more or less). As in having notes like: This user is friendly or This is a troublesome user etc. The downside is that only moderators can add and see those.
They're used primarily to keep track of users who share IP (e.g. family members) and users who have changed their username; not a user's attitude. Everything is judged on a case-by-case basis either way, so we don't need to know anything about their personality. Especially nothing a short label could tell us.

Site note: Name changes are awful and confusing (in that order).
QFT.

Deleted member 219079

D

Deleted member 219079

Seems like an useless feature. Hope it ain't in Hive 2.

pyf

pyf

Level 32
How about adding one more position and current attitude/moral status/ethics status in every users' personal profile? [...] By default, the attitude/moral status/ethics status shows "Good as usual.".

[...] It would be great if there are a list of moderators' posted current attitude/moral status/ethics status and a list of users' posted current attitude/moral status/ethics status on your profile page. [...] This suggested system might be good in reminding users of their current behaviour/attitude/moral status/ethics status hence correct that.

What is your attitude now? :)

:grin:

Lyrics (in French)

Status
Not open for further replies.