• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

[Trigger] Silence Player

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
I'm going to take a wild guess that when a player enter a chat he is temporary set to talk to observer only. But hell, there seem to be no function that can do that. I'll ask Redscull and see how he does it; hopefully he'll answer.

You'll get your answer one way or another.

Last edited:
Level 6
I'm going to take a wild guess that when a player enter a chat he is temporary set to talk to observer only. But hell, there seem to be no function that can do that. I'll ask Redscull and see how he does it; hopefully he'll answer.

If i cant find out and Redscull doesn't replay within a week; i'll hack defiance and see how it's done (hopefully) :p ! You'll get your answer one way or another.

Discussion of hacking and deprotecting maps is forbidden on this forums.

for the event, you could have every letter character possible separate as a substring when they type.
  • Events
    • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing a as A substring
    • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing b as A substring
    • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing c as A substring
    • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing d as A substring
and so on

Level 27
for the event, you could have every letter character possible separate as a substring when they type.
  • Events
    • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing a as A substring
    • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing b as A substring
    • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing c as A substring
    • Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing d as A substring
and so on

You could just do

Player - Player 1 (Red) types a chat message containing abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz as A substring

it will work the same :p

Level 2
Well Redscull said he uses the changing of allies to enemies contemporary (at the beginning of the game) to prevent players from talking to other allies. If this does not satisfy you then, say so.

So, Is it impossible?
I highly doubt it. If you see it done, then it can be done!

Since i do not have Defiance and have not played for several years i do not know what system it uses. Does defiance only silence player in the beginning of the game?

Level 3
Theres a tutorial on this web i used in one of my games that was used in RDZ Arena. What it does is change [All] and all that to spaces so you cant see message anywhere. Then everytime any player types something it displys his message as text. u can add condition that will check if player is silenced and if he is, nnot display his message

I found it
heres the link:
ENJOY!

Last edited:
Level 9
it is possible to hide chat, even for some players.. but i dont know how, because in dota you can ignore some players! just deprotect it and see

haha , a better idea : make a player sends a <empty string> and it work!

Last edited by a moderator:
Level 3
It's Possible... Just play the SWAT maps, and you'll see. In the beginning, it doesn't let anyone except you see your chat. It goes for all players. It was mainly for making it so other people couldn't steal your load code. I have no clue how it works, though.

Status
Not open for further replies.