• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • ✅ The POLL for Hive's Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Vote for the TOP 3 SKINS! 🔗Click here to cast your vote!

Silence doesn't work on some units?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Unsure what is preventing it but when I use silence some units aren't effected (the ones without abilities (or) mana pool). Not sure how to fix this; is it even possible to fix this?

The reason I would like to have silence effect units that DONT have abilities is the ability I am working on for my hero that gives the enemy a damage amplification. And I don't want non-spell casters to be excluded from this.

I tried using Movement Speed Reduction; didn't work.

Level 21
Simple spells that don't use mana aren't considered spells and are instead abilities. That is why you can cast abilities on magic immune units like ensnare on a Dragon. Silence specifically disables Spells but has additional options to add melee, range and special. I think all you need to do is add special along with spells.

Data - Attacks Prevented - spells (default), special (add this)

But if you want to target unit that can't cast any ability then you maybe should consider a different base for your spell to effect all units and then dummy to silence if needed.

Status
Not open for further replies.