• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

SiegeGolem

Version with teamcolor.

MPQ archives and maps compress the model to something about ~55kb.

Huge thanks to Truespin Fishbrain for helping me with making animations work out. Don't forget to give him in credits too.

Don't forget to give in credits, if you use this.

Ingame:

210592-albums5125-picture62213.png

Keywords:
Siege, Steam, Magic, Golem, Statue, Giant, Robot, Mech, Underground, Steel, Iron, Metal, Heavy, Armor, Boss, Remake, Huge.
Contents

SiegeGolem (Model)

Reviews
22:17, 25th Oct 2012 -Grendel: looks great. i like the fact that you changed some of the animations so that it won't only look like a mesh remake of the siege golem.

M

22:17, 25th Oct 2012
-Grendel: looks great. i like the fact that you changed some of the animations so that it won't only look like a mesh remake of the siege golem.

Pretty neat, but I think you should do more to make it different, maybe some spikes and teamcolor on the shoulders, and some little spikes on the gauntlets and bracers. I know this is wrapped differently than the regular siege golem, but the end result is very similar to the pre-existing siege golem, except that yours looks more like it's made by people, which I like.

The horns could stand significant wrap improvement.

I like it overall, just a few things you could do to make it look a lot better.

Level 34
Pretty neat, but I think you should do more to make it different, maybe some spikes and teamcolor on the shoulders, and some little spikes on the gauntlets and bracers. I know this is using footman textures, and not siege golem textures, but the end result is very similar to the pre-existing siege golem, except that yours looks more like it's made by people, which I like.

Actualy i used only golem textures:)

I like it overall, just a few things you could do to make it look a lot better.
Well, i kinda like it the way it is, so i'm not likely going to add anything else. Maybe just local wrap/animation improvements, but it's a warcraft and there is no need to chase the perfect result, the game engine spoils it abit anyway.

Actualy i used only golem textures:)

Well, i kinda like it the way it is, so i'm not likely going to add anything else. Maybe just local wrap/animation improvements, but it's a warcraft and there is no need to chase the perfect result, the game engine spoils it abit anyway.

Wow, siege golem texture is very similar to footman texture, lol.

But, seriously, I think you could make it look a lot more badass with some bent metal spikes on the bracers and shoulders.

Level 34
i like it, i really do, the mesh looks great. but the teamcolored thing on his pelvic area is too small to be noticed in-game. mind if you create a more noticeable teamcolor?
Thank you.
Well i was going to create something more noticeable, but it allmost ruined colorset, so probably i'm not.

But, seriously, I think you could make it look a lot more badass with some bent metal spikes on the bracers and shoulders.

Maybe someday:)

Level 7
Pretty creative. Imagine recreating the whole warcraft 3 model to your style. I would love that. It made the siege golem look sharp and simple. Quality wise, great job. 5/5

Level 8
I was really against this at first, till I tested it. Now I'm totally for it. I love it a lot. Although I think the chest and back could use more details and the shoulder pads could be a bit smaller; this golem looks more mechanised and is a fresh change from the normal wc3 golems.

Level 7
Hey JesusHipster, may I ask for your allowance to edit a bit and use your model in my map?
- I am searching for a base model for my fire golem and I believe this could be the right one.
* what I will edit is - just will remove the horns on his head and change his skin + add fire effect, but all credits will go to you and Truespin Fishbrain, as I don't care that much for that myself :p

So what do you say?