• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Should we rely on the community for the missing models in Reforged?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 33
It's really weird and inconsistent that there's 43432432432432 models for Paladin and Dreadlord but Bael'gun, the 3 Archmagi, Califax, and the rest don't. It's even more weird that there's unique models for Blood Wizard, Moss-covered Granite Golem, and the creeps in Misconceptions, as well as cancelled units like Night Elf Fishing Boat, Gargoyle Spire, etc. but the more important characters like say, Anduin Lothar, Khadgar, Ner'zhul, etc. don't have their own unique models. And then there's the Draenei Buildings used by the Stonemaul Ogres.

Anyway, I do have some requests for some characters, and here's how what I suggest of their models:

1. Blackthorn
  • Head from Lord Nicholas Buzan
  • Horse from Knight
  • Orange/Brown-tinted Body from Knight
2. Mug'thol
  • Weapon from Fel Orc Raider
  • Body from Doom Guard Naked
  • Pauldrons from Ogre Lord
  • One-eyed Head from Ogre Lord
3. Sen'jin
  • Body from Vol'jin
  • Head from Generic Shadow Hunter
4. Stonemaul Warrior
  • One-eyed Head from Ogre Warrior
  • Body of Stonemaul Warrior
  • Weapon and Bracers from Ogre Warrior
5. Stonemaul Huts
  • Literally anything else that isn't Draenei Building
6. Kor'gall
  • Weapon from Ogre Lord
  • Brown-tinted body from Stonemaul Lord
  • Two-eyed Head from Ogre
7. Royal Guard
  • Head from Captain
  • Body from Captain
  • Horse from Knight
8. Militia Spearman
  • Head from Militia
  • Body from Militia
  • Weapon from Brigand
  • Shield from Militia
9. Militia Captain
  • Head from Militia
  • Body from Captain
  • Weapon from Brigand
  • Shield from Captain
10. Militia Commander
  • Head from Sir Edmund George
  • Offhand Sword from Captain
  • Body from Jailor Kassan
  • Lance from Knight
  • Horse from Bandit Lord
11. Baine Bloodhoof
  • Body minus totems from Generic Tauren Chieftain
12. Lordaeron Emissary
  • Emissary but with Lordaeon insignia
13. Uther's Emissary
  • Emissary but with Silver Hand insignia
  • or
  • High Elf Emissary but with Archmage clothes
14. Kul Tiran Archmage
  • Head from Archmage
  • Green-tinted Armor from Hydromancer
15. Ballador the Bright
  • Head from Thalorien Dawnseeker
  • Silver-tinted Armor from Blood Elf Lieutenant
  • Shield from Magroth the Defender
  • Weapon from Halankh the Lifebringer
  • (this is purely to reflect on Anasterian sending in Priests after hearing that Terenas died)
16. Zar'jira
  • Body from Naga Summoner
  • Armor from Generic Sea Witch
  • Tiara from Generic Sea Witch
  • Weapon from Naga Siren
17. Maiden of Shadows
  • Head of Night Elf Archer
  • Body of Night Elf Sentry
  • Weapon of Rogue Wizard
18. Mistress of Shadows
  • Head of Generic Priestess of the Moon
  • Body of Night Elf Sentry
  • Purple-tinted Armor of Sorceress
  • Weapon of Blood Wizard
19. Chief of Chaplains
  • Head of Archmage
  • Body of High Elf Emissary
  • Weapon of Chaplain
  • Horse of Blood Wizard
20. Anduin Lothar
  • Head of Sir Gregory Edmunson
  • Body of Captain
  • Sword of Halank the Lifebringer
  • Shield of Captain embedded with the Alliance Crest from the Castle
21. Khadgar
  • Head of Magroth the Defender minus hood
  • Body of Apprentice Wizard
  • Weapon of Rogue Mage

these are my suggestions so far, I think these are what fits them most so these are my humble requests any criticism is welcome too.

Last edited:
Level 13
Well, tbh, most of these I'm fine with as they are. I mean, imo, there is no need for custom models for some heroes like Bael'gun, the 3 Archmagi, Califax or Zar'jira. They aren't any different than other (melee) heroes of their kind, like Barl'gun is no different than a melee Mountain King in any way, or Zar'jira is no different than melee Sea Witch in any way. But more importantly, they aren't that important, they don't have a major role in the Campaigns (like Muradin or Lady Vashj for example), nor do they matter in the lore in any way (like Cenarius for example). So to me they are fine with those models. Also no new Paladin models needed, there are more than enough if one is creative.

Stonemaul Warrior already has his unique model of a one headed Ogre, while all of the Ogre Creeps have two headed models. Same goes with the Ogre Chiftains in Campaigns, both in Rexxar Campaign and The Dark Lady, they use a unique one-headed Ogre Chiftain models. I'm fine with the two using the same model. The only thing that is needed is changing the Draenei buildings in the Village, I think that the buildings in Stonemaul Village in WoW, which were themselves inspired by Ogre Mound from Wc2 would provide more than enough inspiration for the three Ogre hut models.

As for the Bandits, I personally think that they all need a remake to some extent, especially Enforcers and Bandit Lords, they aren't Humans, they are Vrykul. I'm fairly certain that originally they were Vrykul, before Reforged was redesigned as Reskined, and they descided to use the models they had. After they're all remade, maybe make Blackthorn slightly larger and better armored that the other Bandit Lords.

As for Sen'jin I think that making him a Shadow Hunter, rather than Witch Doctor would be better, and he would look more important and powerful. Lorewise both him and Vol'jin were Shadow Hunters. Some combination of melee Shadow Hunter and Rokhan would do.

As for Maiden of Shadows/Mistress of Shadows, I'd be fine with a simple recolor. Night elf skin tone, white hair, pinkish-purpleish arcane jewls, blue-gold dress of the Shen'Dralar + team color. Maybe even something like in Malfurion's Quest Custom Campaign.

As for Militia Captain/Militia Commander, yes. Peasant Militia as a base model, with Spear throwing, and larger sword/shield/helm. And I agree about the chaplin emmesarrys, just changing the simple ensignia to Lordaeron or Silver Hand, so that all of them do not have Kul Tiran (Proudmoore) ensignia.

As for Khadgar, Lothar well.......They don't really need custom models. They only appear in a few seconds, for them to acctually have a role and models they deserve as characters, that interlude would have to be completely redone from scratch, showing an awesome battle and Khadgar ageing, Medivh and Lothar in an emotional bff clinge etc....It's not possible without the new voiceover, I'm not even sure it's possible without the Blizzcon 2018 cutscenes, it's a Reskined, not Reforged :( However the thing that could be done in that interlude is Medivh looking at them instead of having his back turned, so it doen't look like a cheap backstab.

As for Kul Tirans, well that one's trickey. If they remain like they are now, than there's really no need for a new model (lise with Bael'gun, Califax etc....). They're not any different from melee Archmages nor are they important in anywhere. I would actually prefer them retconned to Tidesages, and having at least melee Tidesage abilities like Crushing Wave, Summon Sea Elemental instead of Water Elemental, and Tornado as the ultimate. Or better yet custom abilities, like healing totems, or whispers from the deap as the ultimate that transforms them into powerful faceless ones with melee chaos attack void themed abilities for an amount of time (something like Dh or MK ultimates). As for the Archmage and the Paladin next to Daelin, again I'd prefer them retconned to Lord Stormsong (brother of the Lord Stormsong in BfA???) and Lord Ashvane (Lady Priscila Ashvane husband), with unique models and different abilities, Stormsong a Tidesage, Ashvane with Warrior/Pirate abilities. Same as elite Warriors of Kul Tiras being retconned to Ashvane Enforcers and having Victorian style models, like Ashvane enforcers in WoW.

However there are two models I'd like to see. Master of Pain and Mistress of Torement. (guess I just like the Burning Legion stuff) Obviousely they are Demon Generals, not just normal demons. First of all I'd love if Blizzard returned the datamined models:
879170.jpg

879186.jpg

doomguard.png
And making datamined Doomguard as a creep, and a current creeps as Summonable doomguard, as well as returning Succubs whips. (though we know that's not gonna happen)
As for Master of Pain, he should look something like this Doomlord or this Terrorguard
And Mistress of Torement, something like this
Coercitor_Nixa.jpg

I would also love if they replaced Forest Trolls with orc Spearthrowers at Black Rock missions (Forest Trolls having left the Alliance with any kind of Horde), and Dwarven Axemen in Into the Shadow Web Caverns (Bael'gun chapter).

Last edited:

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 33
I'm kinda hoping too that they actually return the whipping Succubi, particularly for Mistress of Torment and that Outland Arena boss. It would be senseless that they censor whips given that even the lesser of the Succubi has whips

Stonemaul Warrior already has his unique model of a one headed Ogre,

I mean that one grunt type of unit that literally shares the same model with Kor'gall, it ruins his prestige and makes him stand out less

If they remain like they are now, than there's really no need for a new model

At least don't make them use High Elf Swordsman models, even using Jailor Kassan as the model is more sensible. Or maybe Captains with Kul Tiran crests on their shields would suffice.

Bandit Lords

It's even weirder that anyone would that think in Classic they're just retextured Knights, giving the impression of them being former Paladins from Alterac who were excommunicated like Tirion Fordring. (oh, and in any case you'd care: I wanted Blackthorn to be some Alteraci leader and to stand out more in this campaign for this one here: Alteraci Human Allied Race (Fan Concept) - Page 7)

Bael'gun, the 3 Archmagi, Califax or Zar'jira.

I just wanted them to receive the Paladin and Dreadlord treatment IMO

Tales from the Smithy: Reforging the Undead

"As with many hero units, multiple Crypt Lord models will be playable in multiplayer."

I got my hopes way too high for there and I assumed that every hero will too, but you're right.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.