• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Short story introduction.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
Hi, I'm writing a short story (for fun!) and I decided to post some of the introduction which I have written so far. I'm not quite sure where the story will take me yet, as ideas come to me as I write. Anyways, enjoy and feedback is appreciated :)
(There is some gore of sorts)

The dark began to recide its grip on the world; the new day was dawning. Birds arose from hiding, birdsong filling the air. A flock of sparrows rose gracefully, welcoming the light of day. One, more agile than the others, broke off from the main group and rushed across the plains, flying fast and low. The sparrow slowed to a halt, and gently lowered onto the ground. The landscape around it was breathtakingly beautiful. The rolling plains seem to go forever, untouched by man. All around, life was stirring. From insects which made up for their lack of size with numbers which reached millions, to the fierce predators which claimed this land as their domain, the world was awakening to the glorious new dawn. The sparrow chirped away happily. There was a rush of movement in the tall grass behind where the little bird had landed. The sparrow paid it no heed, oblivious.

The snake pounced. Leaping through the air, the helpless bird did not notice until it was too late. The bird’s lifeblood seeped from where it been bitten, staining the grass red. The snake swallowed it in one gulp, gave a hiss of satisfaction, and slithered on through the grass, searching for more prey. The stench of death was filling the air; and this was not the stench of bird flesh. For to the right of where the bird had landed, was the scene of a slaughter. Vultures circled the air, while others squabbled on the ground, fighting to get the first bite of the animals and humans alike who were scattered across the floor. The stench of rotting horse flesh was overpowering, for the majority of the company had rode on horseback. These carcasses were largely ignored, as they had already been stripped by other predators. What these vultures craved was the sweet flesh of the men who were strewn across the floor.

Status
Not open for further replies.