• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • 🏆 Hive's 6th HD Modeling Contest: Mechanical is now open! Design and model a mechanical creature, mechanized animal, a futuristic robotic being, or anything else your imagination can tinker with! 📅 Submissions close on June 30, 2024. Don't miss this opportunity to let your creativity shine! Enter now and show us your mechanical masterpiece! 🔗 Click here to enter!

Shop - button for changing hero

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
How to make shop where you have free all 12 buttons (where you can have 12 items). Ehm......there is one button for changing hero or choosing hero. I was trying to find that ability but i wasnt success (i wanted to change its icon to nothing). Am i blind, that i didnt see that ability or it is something special?

Or is there any other way how to solve this?

Last edited:
Level 15
I think removing the ability would cause that its impossible to buy an item
i never saw that someone disabled it ( or i just cannot remember )

To make a shop "larger" u could create some invisible unselectable shops at the same position and if u "turn the page" ( just a dummy item ) it will switch to one of the other shops - ( I dont know if that works i just think its made that way in battleships )

Level 10
Alright, i'm sorry but i did not quiet understand your english. You want an ability in a shop that will allow you to change to a certin hero?

If so then...

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
  • Conditions
    • (Unit-type of (Triggering unit)) Equal to Paladin
    • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Claws of Attack +15
  • Actions
    • Unit - Replace (Hero manipulating item) with a Archmage using The old unit's relative life and mana
    • Item - Remove (Item being manipulated)
This trigger should do the trick. I hope this helps. Simple replace the Archmage and paladin with the hero's you want to switch to. And the claws of attack with the Hero switch item. Make a Fake "Dummy item" And call it Hero switch.. Dont worry, in the trigger the item is removed.

And if you want to switch shops. Make another dummy item and call it Switch Shop

• Events
    • Unit - A unit Acquires an item
    • Conditions
      • (Item-type of (Item being manipulated)) Equal to Switch Shop
    • Actions
      • Unit - Replace (--Enter shop as a variable) with a (Your other shop) using The old unit's relative life and mana
      • Item - Remove (Item being manipulated)

This should do the trick. Just make a variable, and some dummy item's.

Level 4
i dont know if it is the same cause, but in Dota (bleh,uh) at the beginning, when you choose hero.......there are 12 heroes in 1 shop

---sorry for my english - i will try to say it in another words..........i need shop, where you can choose among 12 items

In normal game every shop has a special button in right down corner. I want to delete this button. If the shop has this special button....there are only 11 places for items (or anything else)

--- JonNny...you are right.....if i only remove this ability....then it is not possible to by items

Level 10
Ohhhh....You want to buy hero's in dota? I thought you wanted to switch them with a hero that is using the shop...

Well you could do the shop trigger i mentioned. Just put more hero's in the second shop. And you can make multiple shops of this.

But if you use my way. Make sure to give your "Hero chooser" Or wisp or whatever an inventory for the dummy item.

Level 4
1) im not sure if you understand Arab4life what i want..........hmmm........it doesnt matter.........i like your ideas, probably i will use something very similar

2)I will look at jonNnys solution too

3) i think that i will combine both ideas

4) if anybody thinks that understands my first idea (problem, in my first post) try to rephrase it once more time

- anyway.....thank you for cool ideas.......i like 'em..........but i would like to know if it is possible to have shop with 12 items

Level 15
Ok i tested some things and the misterious trick is....
xD There is no trick ! -.- just add 12 items to a shop and the "Hero choose" will be replaced of the 12th item if you got the right Button Positions for the item in the object editor... Of course the disadvantage is that u cannot choose the hero anymore

l33tage.JPG

yes, that simple :)

Status
Not open for further replies.