• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shockwave type spell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 5
i'm creating a shockwave type spell where you click the ground but i cannot get the triggers to create units in a line to where the point im clicking is. all i can get is the unit at a fixed point. please give me a step by step um tutorial/explanation

Level 9
You need a trigger and some math skills:
I havent tested this so it might not work but:
Code:
Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at ((Point(((X of (Position of (Casting unit))) / 10.00), ((Y of (Position of (Casting unit))) / 10.00))) offset by 10.00 towards (Angle from (Position of (Casting unit)) to (Position of (Last created unit))) degrees) facing Default building facing degrees

Yeah. That should create a unit 1/10 of the distance between points. Or it might not work. No idea :p.

Level 10
Modeler said:
You need a trigger and some math skills:
I havent tested this so it might not work but:
Code:

Unit - Create 1 Footman for Player 1 (Red) at ((Point(((X of (Position of (Casting unit))) / 10.00), ((Y of (Position of (Casting unit))) / 10.00))) offset by 10.00 towards (Angle from (Position of (Casting unit)) to (Position of (Last created unit))) degrees) facing Default building facing degrees

Yeah. That should create a unit 1/10 of the distance between points. Or it might not work. No idea .

that might work... i usually use circles to do thisa (thx to Daelin :p ) if modeler's way didnt work i will post my way...

Level 5
topic

nope sorry i don't understand how modeler does it ( im stupid and a newbie at triggering) can you make it somehow easier to understand? like say exactly what unit part of triggering it is? like generic unit event etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.