• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Casting spells

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 3
Hi all. I created this spell called charge. This spell works such that a captain would cast shockwave and then slide along with the shockwave. I created the trigger and it works perfectly fine. He slides through everything cos his collision is turned off and he is in a defend position. Now here's my problem.

The trigger goes such that the captain will slide along with the shockwave when he casts the shockwave.
I thought of creating a trigger such that there is a percentage chance to cast the shockwave by itself. Without anyone clicking the ability button. The problem is. I dont know how! I've settled the percentage and all that. But i don't know how to order the captain to cast the shockwave! I look for "Units - give an order to a unit targeting a unit" there is a list of spells but i cant find shockwave. Anyone got any alternatives?

Here's my Passive Charge trigger for reference.

Passive Charge
Event:
A unit is attacked
Conditions:
Attacking unit equals to captain
Actions:
If: Math - Random number between 1-100 less than or equal to 50
Then: Order attacking unit to <blank>
Else: Do nothing

I cant figure out what to do after this! Please help! THx

Level 3
Shockwave is in Issue an order targeting a point. If you want it in the direction of the attacker, the location should be Agnle between Posiotion of (Attacked Unit) and Position of (Attacking Unit). For sliding i suggest using WEU. It has Advanced - Make Unit Slide action.

Status
Not open for further replies.