• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Need a Hybrid "Frostbolt-Shockwave"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 1
I need a cross between Frostbolt and Shockwave. Of course the obvious answer is to set the missile art as Frostbolt but it then travels on the ground, which I do not want. I tried removing the missile art of shockwave, and creating a dummy unit to cast the missile art for me in the direction my casting unit was facing of a range of 800, but at awkward times the caster unit was not fully facing the target point of ability being cast and the dummy art and the shockwave would not be aligned, resulting in some kind of invisible force and a frostbolt veering off to the side. I tried a lot of things but I can't seem to get it to work. Ideally I'd want a frostbolt that travels in a line and hits the first thing it comes across... and nothing else, but it would be able to target ground and would travel in a straight "non-homing" path like shockwave, but only damage the first thing it hits. Anyone got any ideas?

Level 3
About the movement you should order it to move to a point with polar offset, using position of triggering unit as point, offset by 800 towards angle between points(Position of(Triggering unit), target point of ability being cast).

But when doing this problems may occur because it'll walk the easiest way to the point, not just in the direction. Eventually you could use a loop trigger which keeps moving the unit.

Then use wait for condition(integer(Count units in group(GEt units in range 100 of Position of unit(the dummy here use a global)) greater than or equal to 1 )) You should use conditions with the units in the group, so it won't hit dead units for example.

Then you should pick every unit in range of the dummy, and do wathever you want the spell to do with them, and then kill the dummy.

Hopefully that helped you :)

- Blade.dk

Level 11
Well... its very simple. YOu create a dummy unit and order it to move to the (Target Point of Ability Being Cast). THe dummy unit should look just like the frost bolt stuff. Store the dummy into a variable. Wait until the Target Point of Ability Being Cast (stored into a variable at the beginning of the trigger) contains your unit. Then remove it and set the two variables to null.

ANd now, you have a second trigger.

Event - An Unit Comes within 80 range of YOurDUmmy
Conditions - Entering Unit is an Enemy of (Owner of (YOurdummy)) equal to true
Actions - Create 1 dummy unit for Owner of (YOurDUmmy) //This dummy should be invisible and should have frost nova with no effect
- Set 1 Seconds Expiration TImer to (Last Created Unit)
- Order (Last Created UNit) to Undead - Lich - Frost Nova (Entering Unit)

~Daelin

Status
Not open for further replies.