• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shockwave Bomb

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 4
What I want to happen is a unit casts Shockwave, and when the Shockwave spell reaches the end of it's path, it explodes.

The explosion does, say, 300 damage, which increases by 300 damage per level of Shockwave (3 levels). The Shockwave spell functions normally, it just explodes at the end.

+rep for those who help :)

Level 14
What I want to happen is a unit casts Shockwave, and when the Shockwave spell reaches the end of it's path, it explodes.

The explosion does, say, 300 damage, which increases by 300 damage per level of Shockwave (3 levels). The Shockwave spell functions normally, it just explodes at the end.

+rep for those who help :)

I'm not sure this is the easiest way, but here's what I'd do. You can use a trigger to detect when the tauren casts shockwave. Use "starts the effect of" event not the others because they might trigger when he's running to the point where he'd cast. When that fires, store the facing angle of the Tauren in a real variable, and his location in a point variable.

Then wait the amount of time that shockwave takes (You might have to tweak this) and then create your special effect at 900 (or whatever the max distance of shockwave is) in the direction the Tauren was facing. You can then use the trigger to make the tauren do damage in that area to simulate the extra explosive damage.

Level 8
and create a special effect with the explosion dmg. Polar offset with a wait would be best. Maybe you could even use locals.

Level 4
Thanks a lot, all three of you.

Section, while you're code accomplished what I wanted pretty much perfectly, it's all in JASS!

And JASS scares me D:
So big and arcane looking...

But thank you very much anyway.

Status
Not open for further replies.