• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Ship Hold out Mission Help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 7
Well, I was messing around with the WE, and I got an idea of making a unique mission. I decided to make a holdout mission in which your hero will be travelling in a ship along with many units and your base will be present there too. But your ship will be constantly attacked by enemies and you have to protect the captain from getting killed. But, I have a problem, how on earth will I make units and buildings stand on a ship? And it has to be big enough for the whole base to fit. Can you please help? A reply is most appreciated! ;)

Level 28
I am not sure it's directly possible to attach buildings to one another, so they move if one moves. Maybe with a lot of trigger work. You could potentially just create a really big Ship-doodad and place the buildings on that. The Ship and the buildings/units on it wouldn't move. But if it is that big it might not need to. You could have units/buildings exit the ship triggered by completing a quest, so the Ship would be its own separate area.

Level 7
I am not sure it's directly possible to attach buildings to one another, so they move if one moves. Maybe with a lot of trigger work. You could potentially just create a really big Ship-doodad and place the buildings on that. The Ship and the buildings/units on it wouldn't move. But if it is that big it might not need to. You could have units/buildings exit the ship triggered by completing a quest, so the Ship would be its own separate area.
Thank you for your idea, brother!
@PurgeandFire oh my word, that is the most suitable and satisfying tileset I have ever seen! That is suitable for the ship tileset! Great, thanks!

Level 1
Hi !

Idk if this is useful anyhow but I remember playing a campaign some years ago called Joe's Quest GOLD. In one of the maps/chapters there were pirates and other people standing on ships.. like you could literally see them on the ship.. and I think, even play with them on the ship.
If you can find that campaign on the website maybe you could talk with the author of the campaign and ask them how they managed to do that trick with the ship.. Hope this helps !

Level 7
Ahh.. too bad.. but can't you open the map files with WE, see what's around in there and how the triggers work ?
Actually in Joe's Quest GOLD, he did not make the ship move. It just stood there. He made it with custom tilesets, like the way @PurgeandFire said. But I just want it to move too. Guess that's not happening.
@DaneTheBeast Making the ground move? You mean the ship's floor? Couldn't understand
@doom_sheep Have seen. In vain.
Nevertheless, +rep

Status
Not open for further replies.