1. Are you planning to upload your awesome map to Hive? Please review the rules here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Updated Resource Submission Rules: All model & skin resource submissions must now include an in-game screenshot. This is to help speed up the moderation process and to show how the model and/or texture looks like from the in-game camera.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. DID YOU KNOW - That you can unlock new rank icons by posting on the forums or winning contests? Click here to customize your rank or read our User Rank Policy to see a list of ranks that you can unlock. Have you won a contest and still havn't received your rank award? Then please contact the administration.
    Dismiss Notice
  4. The Lich King demands your service! We've reached the 19th edition of the Icon Contest. Come along and make some chilling servants for the one true king.
    Dismiss Notice
  5. The 4th SFX Contest has started. Be sure to participate and have a fun factor in it.
    Dismiss Notice
  6. The poll for the 21st Terraining Contest is LIVE. Be sure to check out the entries and vote for one.
    Dismiss Notice
  7. The results are out! Check them out.
    Dismiss Notice
  8. Don’t forget to sign up for the Hive Cup. There’s a 555 EUR prize pool. Sign up now!
    Dismiss Notice
  9. The Hive Workshop Cup contest results have been announced! See the maps that'll be featured in the Hive Workshop Cup tournament!
    Dismiss Notice
  10. Check out the Staff job openings thread.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
60,000 passwords have been reset on July 8, 2019. If you cannot login, read this.

Shifting Sands

Submitted by XPQJ
This bundle is marked as approved. It works and satisfies the submission rules.
A melee map, with a bunch of shops, creeps, and six gold mines. For more info open it in your map editor. The map is not officially considered melee because doodad and destructible object properties were altered, but no unit data was changed in any way and there are only standard triggers.

Screen Shots

Image #1
[​IMG]

Image #2
[​IMG]

Image #3
[​IMG]

1 Custom model was used I don't remember the author of it, so, if you made the model SandFall.MDX speak up and I will credit you.

Keywords:
melee
Contents

Shifting Sands (Map)

Reviews
[img][c] Date: 2011/Oct/15 22:57:20 Vengeancekael: VM // PM: Rep Received: 0[c]Reasons: Other: If you have any complaints or questions directed towards a moderator, make a thread here: Map Resource Moderation If you think the moderator's judging...
  1. [​IMG] Date: 2011/Oct/15 22:57:20
    Vengeancekael: VM // PM:
    Rep Received: 0
    Reasons:
    Other:
    If you have any complaints or questions directed towards a moderator, make a thread here: Map Resource Moderation
    If you think the moderator's judging is unfair or you have overall complaints, make a thread here: Admin Contact
    Please read the rules thoroughly: Rules

Comment: Neat terrain, looks very realistic, except for the sand fall spam, that's just silly.
    And the map isn't really symmetric, making it a bit imbalanced.

2. XPQJ

XPQJ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    getting back into editing after not doing it for awhile is hard :(

3. daizangan

daizangan

Resources:
    Resources:
    nice terrain played it with a friend but it was to hard for wars
    there was a bug i think, my footman was thrown off to the sand and cant see and filled my food limit that was no fun but cool terrain
    Edit: ahahaha sorry the footman died and got thrown

Last edited: Oct 18, 2011
  4. XPQJ

XPQJ

Resources:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    all of your footmen disappeared?

I am trying to recreate the bug and failing.

5. oldmilk

oldmilk

Resources:
    Resources:
    Wow. This is a brilliant idea for a new environment for a melee map.

6. Ken-E

Ken-E

Resources:
    Packs:
    Maps:
    Resources:
    Full Review

Review:
    The Good:
    (+) Great background concept
    (+) Doodad emplacing and terraining is decent and tolerable
    (+) Some great implementation on the environment

The Bad:
    (-) Trees creates too much spaces in between another, allowing small units to hide between them.
    (-) The lizard creeps are facing on opposite direction and doesn't look good
    (-) You should change the harpies for early creeping site, it isn't good, because you lack ranged units to pit against them, unless your playing Night Elf.
    (-) Tavern with creeps! That's baaad, anyway, it prevents an early accessibility for players.
    (-) Sand decoration can get annoying due to the constant spamming of the effect
    (-) Tight spaces with awfully huge rocks could make it very annoying managing units
    (-) Not even a short description for the map, it only says a '3 Player Melee Map'
    (-) This can't qualify as a standard melee map due to the importation and editing of certain materials. Yes, I know, you're trying to make something innovative and all but melee maps are melee maps, if you do import something, try going for an Altered melee.

My Score: 1.5/5
    Like all other melee maps, this has a great potential but it should stay being a melee map.
    I also suggest that you read this, How to create Melee maps by -Kobas-