• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Shawty Brawl -something unseen before! (I think haha)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Level 2
Shawty Brawl -something unseen before, indepth and different.

Shawty Brawl

-something unseen before, indepth and different.

Don't know how to define this map.. its not an AoS, its not a TD, not a maul.
I've designed to be strategic and fast paced. Reaction speeds mean a lot as well as careful planning and tactics

Current State: Alpha, Will soon be in beta, just need leaks to be fixed and the base system to work properly

Main Features:
-Work as a team to out kill, out map control and out skill the opponents.

-4 Bases, one in each corner of the map, each capturable by standing on them for 5 seconds. Doing so changes ownership of the postitive buff, the defensive turrets, the base shops and other buildings that co-respond with the base.
I need help with the GUI coding for this, my limited knowledge of Wc3 triggering has caused many bugs any help would be absolutely awesome:http://www.hiveworkshop.com/forums/...apture-system-i-need-help-136384/#post1222613

attackspeedbase.jpg

gamescreenbase.jpg

[Screen shots are outdated will get more soon]
-Hero abilities defined by the items they carry.
-'Brawl Boxes' killing these will give a reward.

Other Features:
-Kill missions: each team is periodically issued with orders to kill a specific enemy player. Doing so brings large rewards for the killer.
actionshot2.jpg

-Mana acts like the energy system of rogues in WoW, best way to describe it makes it sound unoriginal, but this limits 'spamming' of spells.
-And more to come in the future.

The Brawlers:
103 Different Randomed Names, two seen above, more to come in the future.
Armour (health): 100
Energy (mana): 100
HP Regen: 0
Mana Regen: 15
Movespeed: 300.

Abilities:
Name: Energy Ball
Gained by: Picking up or Buying an Energy Channeling Device.
What it does: Knockback 500, Ministun for 0.1 seconds, deals 10 damage and +5 damage per hero level. (Thanks to Paladon for his awesome GUI knockback system)

Name: Bloodwave
Gain by: Picking up or Buying a Blood Axe
What it does: Creates a massive wave of blood infront of the caster damaging everything in a very wide line. Mini Knockback for 100, Deals 12.5 damage + 6.5 per hero level.

Things to do/get/make:
-Custom UI more fitting to the map
-More abilities
-More items
-Fix or rework base triggering - most important any help would be awesome.

+Rep and Credits for all who help
I've been working on this map for little over a month now, but the first version is nearly complete.
Name is subject to change, if anyone finds a better name please shout, I don't really think the name fits.

More Information on the way.
Sad news antivirus malfunction caused my latest work to be coruppted, about 40 hours work has been lost.
Edit: 3:01 PM +12 GMT 19 July 2009 - Data Either Salvaged or Recreated making progress yet again.
Updates 19th July:
Heroes now only start with one ability and its charged:
Tree Camera: Set Up a camera in a near by tree to spy on the enemy.
I removed other starting abilities and made them buyable, this is because people wern't buying weapon items to get other abilities and so combat was repeditive. I've added an Abilities list above, more abilties will be added as I have time.
Update: I've changed the hero interface. Strength is now indicated as 'armour' Its just a representation of what your maximum health should look like, and an easy way to see health bonuses.
Agility: now represents your exact movement speed.
Intelligence: Represents your exact number of kills, only after the first as heroes have to have a minimum in each stat.

Update: Adding 2 more Models for the hero as it was requested.
I will release a beta map as soon as I fix most leaks and we fix up the base system.
This hopefully will be completed within the week.

-UntilYouDie

Last edited:
Level 5
I've designed to be strategic and fast paced. Reaction speeds mean a lot as well as careful planning and tactics

Finally !!! I am so playing this when you're done :thumbs_up:

About the map's name - keep it the same, the name is actually original

Oh and good luck :p

EDIT.: If you'll need help with spells/systems, feel free to PM me :thumbs_up:

Level 2
Finally !!! I am so playing this when you're done :thumbs_up:

About the map's name - keep it the same, the name is actually original

Oh and good luck :p

EDIT.: If you'll need help with spells/systems, feel free to PM me :thumbs_up:

Sweet thanks xD. I will keep the name the same then xD
Edit: Can I get you to look into my base problem.??

So... You planning to add new heroes?

This is not hero based.. its more player based. everyone starts the same, but choices change your style of play.

Level 20
I know its not hero based. >_<

But you could add more heroes, but all of them have same 3 basic abilities and then one special ability that depends on the hero.

And you could also reduce the hp of the heroes to 100 (1 strenght = 10 hp) to simplify the gameplay. No big numbers, very simple.

Level 2
But you could add more heroes, but all of them have same 3 basic abilities and then one special ability that depends on the hero.

Well I'm unsure, I never really intended there to be different heroes, but I might add a function so all heroes change, to give a variaty to the looks of the heroes.

And you could also reduce the hp of the heroes to 100 (1 strenght = 10 hp) to simplify the gameplay. No big numbers, very simple.

This is a good idea actually, it runs with my theme of faced paced, no silly games and simple ideas. Thanks, implimenting now +rep and I'll put you name in credits when I'm done.

Edit: Oh man, xD now I have to rescale abilities, Oh well, its worth it.

Last edited:
Level 15
Interesting 0_o
Is this something like Warlocks? You have to aim stuff and react fast etc. I love fast-paced games~!
Good luck! I could help you with possibly any form of GUI things and I know some JASS.

Also, like Super-Sheep said, it would be cool if there are more hero models to choose from. Some people like using female heroes and some like using Goblins etc. Its just a little extra feature for the sake of eye candy.

Good luck! I know this will be awesome.

PS: Use the Hidden tags for Screenshots, just put the screenie in between these tags.
HTML:
[hidden=Screenshots][/hidden]
Its stretching the page :(

Level 2
Interesting 0_o
Is this something like Warlocks? You have to aim stuff and react fast etc. I love fast-paced games~!
Good luck! I could help you with possibly any form of GUI things and I know some JASS.

Also, like Super-Sheep said, it would be cool if there are more hero models to choose from. Some people like using female heroes and some like using Goblins etc. Its just a little extra feature for the sake of eye candy.

PS: Use the Hidden tags for Screenshots, just put the screenie in between these tags.

Lol alright I'll hide them.. I'm new to using forums so yeah.. don't let my registration date fool you.

About the models. I will look into it, but its not my focus at the moment.

In comparision to Warlocks, there are some minor similiarities, but this game in much more indepth I would think. THere is a lot more to it then just killing the other players.

And thanks for the offer of help, I need someone to look at my base system it has a few bugs that need some fixing, and I'm stumped.

Status
Not open for further replies.