• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!

Shandris_Bloodelf

This is Blood Elf variant for NE Shandris. Diffuse and emissive texture.
Can be used in any way.

units\nightelf\shandris\nightelf_shandris_weapon_diffuse.dds
units\nightelf\shandris\nightelf_shandris_hair_diffuse.dds
units\nightelf\shandris\nightelf_shandris_pauldron_diffuse.dds
units\nightelf\shandris\nightelf_shandris_weapon_diffuse.dds
units\nightelf\shandris\nightelf_shandris_main_emissive.dds

update: changed color of eyes to green by popular demand. Edit on main, emissive and icon
171759-89585c6bcbd38167742f0f62e3b814d5.png
Previews
Contents

emissive (Texture)

hair (Texture)

icon (Icon)

main (Texture)

pauldron (Texture)

weapon (Texture)

Reviews
Footman16
A useful texture to get more use out of models already present in the game; in this case Shandris, by turning her into a Blood Elf. I feel like more could have been changed and I would like to see you come back and do more with this but for now it is...
Greetings, I see you're also enjoying the pain of or reskinnig.
But yeah, the skin tone came out really nice and natural!

May I ask what compression you used when saving?
Also you can make her eyes look green by editing the emissive file, since it basically covers when whole eye.

Would you also mind making an actual Blood Elf version for the High Elf Archer?
Not to be an ass, but there is no High Elf archer model in Reforged, even though the file is called that.
She is clearly a Blood Elf: green eyes, fel crystal gem.

I could make a red armour for her, but Blood Elves don't even have a strict red armour policy, just look at WoW starting armour sets.
It actually makes sense that rangers use greenish and blueish armours to blend with the forest.

s1ZNa_4M1lLTPOc9GgCgCHgCDrhYN0NnCwbfc9AK65s.png

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32
but Blood Elves don't even have a strict red armour policy, just look at WoW starting armour sets.

oh yeah I forgot about Halduron.

Was thinking about two different Thalassian archers for the sake of distinction (and for my semi-dead map project)

green eyes

that's weird, they only got them after they replaced the Arcane crystals in Silvermoon with fel crystals. Probably an oversight/error like Anasteria and Sorceress' eyes

Last edited:
Level 2
I could make a red armour for her, but Blood Elves don't even have a strict red armour policy, just look at WoW starting armour sets.
No the blood elves don't have a red armor policy but all the blood elf models in the game have red armor. Having one or two models that don't follow the trend doesn't make much sense. If you want the swordsman to have red armor, it can be done in the object editor. Find the model file and under the custom option just add _v1 to the end and you get a red armor swordsman. On the other hand if you go to the dragonhawk rider, scorceress, and priest and take the _v1 off the custom model file it changes them to there high elf form. Also works for the interfaces.

No the blood elves don't have a red armor policy but all the blood elf models in the game have red armor. Having one or two models that don't follow the trend doesn't make much sense. If you want the swordsman to have red armor, it can be done in the object editor. Find the model file and under the custom option just add _v1 to the end and you get a red armor swordsman. On the other hand if you go to the dragonhawk rider, scorceress, and priest and take the _v1 off the custom model file it changes them to there high elf form. Also works for the interfaces.
Yes, exactly!
Just discovered that recently when making hair colour skin for them... took me a while to get why my skin did n't appear =)

Level 2
Yes, exactly!
Just discovered that recently when making hair colour skin for them... took me a while to get why my skin did n't appear =)
When I found out I went to the other high elf and blood elf models to see if they were all like that so I could have an army that was all the same armor colors.
Was a little disappointed to find it was only some, and that some were mixed. The swordsman has green eyes in both versions and the archer green eyes as a high elf and has no blood elf version.
I'm being picky but it would be nice to have the models in a high elf or blood elf all match. High Elves in WC3 have blue armor and eyes and Blood Elves have red armor and green eyes.

Level 35
Hello!
I decided to make a blood elf version of this model with upright stance from @Retera upload of the beta version Shandris Upright (Reforged Beta)
Because I hated the bow I decided to change it with Jennalla Deemspring, but ran in a small issue.
In stand ready and victory the boy will blink out of existance. Also I could not find how to set the color for the bow side to be team color
1645740344532.png

If anyone can help with those issues would be great :). Also if you can explain how you corect them would be great for me to learn :)
I am not sure if this can be uploaded as a new model or reskin

Attachments

• bloodelf_shandris_upright.zip
    5 MB · Views: 11

Ardenaso

HD Model Reviewer
Level 32
Hello!
I decided to make a blood elf version of this model with upright stance from @Retera upload of the beta version Shandris Upright (Reforged Beta)
Because I hated the bow I decided to change it with Jennalla Deemspring, but ran in a small issue.
In stand ready and victory the boy will blink out of existance. Also I could not find how to set the color for the bow side to be team color
View attachment 395851View attachment 395852
If anyone can help with those issues would be great :). Also if you can explain how you corect them would be great for me to learn :)
I am not sure if this can be uploaded as a new model or reskin
use Twilac's RMS to fix visibility in the model

you can also join the RMS discord for more questions: Join the Retera Model Studio Users Group Discord Server!

A useful texture to get more use out of models already present in the game; in this case Shandris, by turning her into a Blood Elf. I feel like more could have been changed and I would like to see you come back and do more with this but for now it is approved. Also good work find a good colouration for the skin.