• 🏆 Texturing Contest #33 is OPEN! Contestants must re-texture a SD unit model found in-game (Warcraft 3 Classic), recreating the unit into a peaceful NPC version. 🔗Click here to enter!
  • It's time for the first HD Modeling Contest of 2024. Join the theme discussion for Hive's HD Modeling Contest #6! Click here to post your idea!

Shandris1.2.BLP

I always thought that the original texture for Shandris was really lazy and made me think that Shandris was this weird frostbite-infected zombie my first time playing wc3 because of how little she resembled other Night-elves.
Anyways, I've been wanting to retex Shandris for a hot minute now, so I spent about a week or so (which could've been completed in about a day but hey! Procrastination!) working on this project.
I based her look off of a mixture of what Shandris looks like in WoW, and what the Sentinel armor looks like in WoW.
This texture was created freehand (aside from the mouth, ear, & arrow tex) in Sai.

Hope this texture works for you guys, feel free to give any feedback as to how I can improve this.

Changelog:
- 1.0: release
- 1.1: Redid lips, face, eyebrows, and cape, gave armor a slight glow-up, added more detail to pauldrons/chest armor.
- 1.2: redid the purple trim, gave skin color a slight red-undertone to contract purple trim.

Keywords:
Night Elf, Warcraft, Shandris, WoW
Contents

Shandris Feathermoon (Texture)

Reviews
01:13, 11th May 2016 ~Nightmare: All desired changes were made. The shading is well done. The face is gorgeous and armor is kickass even though it is so simple. But needs one more color to give a nice atmosphere. But it's fine. Just a extremely...

M

01:13, 11th May 2016
~Nightmare:
202025-albums8785-picture107075.png

All desired changes were made. The shading is well done. The face is gorgeous and armor is kickass even though it is so simple. But needs one more color to give a nice atmosphere. But it's fine.
202025-albums8785-picture107077.png

Just a extremely useful simple skin. Although next time you may want to add extra detail to your future skins. Good job btw.
202025-albums8785-picture107085.png

Deleted member 238226

D

Deleted member 238226

you use SAI? didn't find many people texturing with it. mostly i found people that like manga or anime use it. looks nice :)

i give you 4/5 for your first texture here. keep up the good work :)

Moy

Moy

Level 49
As this is your very first texture, I would like to ask WIPs to remove my suspicion.

To continue. The skin itself is in pretty good condition (for a first texture). Great shading and highlights which itself blends very well with blizzard textures. However, the skin lacks proper detailing. The shoulder pad seems to be plain and looks like a blob. A good shoulderpad design choice may be worth considering as the current one has the same plainness of the armor which is not good. Take a look with this Sentinel Armor example:
Sentinel-2.jpg

Also colors could be fixed as the colors seems to be very similar with different tone. The face is spectacular on the unwrap but when wrapped unto to the model, it looks ugly. Remember that model wrapped is the most important one and should be the one to look beautiful. The face has improper proportions - the eyes, nose, lips etc. Chest could use more shading, that dark shadows casted seems to be weird. The bow and cape seems to be okay but needs a new design that we haven't seen before - something that would capture someone's attention.

Pretty food start would like to see more unless you have provided the things I am asking for. If you do, you could try to improve the texture by following some of my suggestions. Good luck.

Level 4
As this is your very first texture, I would like to ask WIPs to remove my suspicion.

To continue. The skin itself is in pretty good condition (for a first texture). Great shading and highlights which itself blends very well with blizzard textures. However, the skin lacks proper detailing. The shoulder pad seems to be plain and looks like a blob. A good shoulderpad design choice may be worth considering as the current one has the same plainness of the armor which is not good. Take a look with this Sentinel Armor example:
Sentinel-2.jpg

Also colors could be fixed as the colors seems to be very similar with different tone. The face is spectacular on the unwrap but when wrapped unto to the model, it looks ugly. Remember that model wrapped is the most important one and should be the one to look beautiful. The face has improper proportions - the eyes, nose, lips etc. Chest could use more shading, that dark shadows casted seems to be weird. The bow and cape seems to be okay but needs a new design that we haven't seen before - something that would capture someone's attention.

Pretty food start would like to see more unless you have provided the things I am asking for. If you do, you could try to improve the texture by following some of my suggestions. Good luck.

Thanks for the feedback! I'll take what you said into consideration and get back to you with an updated version.
I'm not exactly sure what you meant by "I would like to ask WIPs to remove my suspicion."? I hope this can help you, as you can see the massive amount of layers to this image in the right.